03 May Homemade Oat Milk
- 1 cup frozen oats
- ¼ cup cashews (for extra creaminess)
- 4 cups ice-cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 date
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
What you need:
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Do not over blend.
- Remove and pour through a nut milk bag/muslin cloth.
- Make sure not to squeeze the milk out too forcefully as this creates a slimmier product.
Voila! Store in a jar in the fridge for up to four days.
- Freeze your oats and use ice-cold water to combine. This is important to do to prevent the starch from being released in the oats due to any heat. Think about when you cook oats on a stove compared so soaked overnight oats, the consistency changes. We don’t want gloopy or slimy milk!
- The cashews are not necessary but a lot of store-bought nut milks include oil in their milk to allow for a frothier, creamier milk. Instead of using processed oil, add some cashews instead!