05 Dec Beautiful Banting Brownies: Gluten-Free Recipe Just For You
Try this recipe for delectable chocolaty Banting brownies, made with gluten-free almond flour and packed with high-protein nuts. These beauties are sure to be a hit at dessert time; plus we’ve included a great gifting idea so your loved ones can try their hand at this fun recipe too!
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 3Tbsp organic cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup xylitol or honey
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of assorted nuts*
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- Mix together the dry ingredients (cocoa, almond flour, xylitol, bicarb, salt & nuts).
- Add all the wet ingredients & whisk until combined.
- Pour into a small baking pan & bake at 170°C for 15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook as the brownies will dry out.
- Remove from oven & slice into squares. Garnish with nuts & berries if desired.
- Cool, serve, share & enjoy!
Gifting Tip: Use one of our gorgeous glass food storage jars to create a Banting Brownie Jar Mix.
- Mix the xylitol, bicarb & salt into the ¾ cup almond flour.
- Add the almond flour mix to the bottom of the jar.
- Add a layer of cocoa powder on top of the almond flour. (You can also divide the flour & cocoa, to make 2 or 3 smaller layers of each.)
- Lastly, sprinkle the handful of assorted nut on top.
- Seal your glass jar, and add a gift tag with instructions.