- Chia seeds grown in Kwa-Zula Natal Province of South Africa
- No synthetic fertilizers or pesticides have been used in the cultivation of theseseeds
- Chia is one of the highest plant based omega-3 sources outperforming even flax seeds. The excellent ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 of 3:2 makes it a great anti-inflammatory food.
- The soluble rich fibre gel in Chia soothes the digestive system and slows the release of sugars into the bloodstream stabilising blood sugar levels.
- Chia is known as a dieters dream food as it bulks up meals with low calorie nutrient density without altering flavour.
- The combination of essential fats, fibre and protein make Chia an excellent food for improving endurance and fitness. It also has the ability to help keep the body hydrated and electrolytes balanced.
- The potent antioxidants in Chia naturally preserve the sensitive Omega-3 oils and provide anti-aging benefits. The antioxidant activity of chia seeds is higher than any whole food, even blueberries.
The taste of chia is very mild and pleasant and it can be easily combined with other foods without altering the taste dramatically. Chia can be added to recipes to provide more bulk and nutritional density. The most common way to eat chia is to first soak the seeds. They rapidly absorb a large amount of liquid, between 9-12 times their volume, in under 10 minutes. Chia can be used as a gel or in its whole seed form. Add it to smoothies, mix it in with salad dressings, puddings or sauces or simply eat it by the spoonful.
2 out of 2 people would recommend this product12/04/2017, By RachaelVery happy to have discovered this super little seed LOCALLY GROWN and at such a great price! Hurrah on both fronts!30/06/2016, By BrendaI bought these to try because of all the lovely pics i saw online with gorgeous fruit in little jam jars, but the reality not quite the same. Simple enough to make and i think the liquid you use may make a difference - im still experimenting. When they swell up, they remind me of tomato pips - you know with like a puffy film around the pip. The whole mixture was kind of gooey. I made a liquid of milk, coconut milk, vanilla and xylitol. It was a great snack when i felt like something sweet. Added some butter and heated it up on cold night and almost like sago. Good for Banters like me - will keep on trying various liquids to see how taste is affected.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.