- Chia seeds grown in Kwa-Zula Natal Province of South Africa
- No synthetic fertilizers or pesticides have been used in the cultivation of theseseeds
- Chia is one of the highest plant based omega-3 sources outperforming even flax seeds. The excellent ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 of 3:2 makes it a great anti-inflammatory food.
- The soluble rich fibre gel in Chia soothes the digestive system and slows the release of sugars into the bloodstream stabilising blood sugar levels.
- Chia is known as a dieters dream food as it bulks up meals with low calorie nutrient density without altering flavour.
- The combination of essential fats, fibre and protein make Chia an excellent food for improving endurance and fitness. It also has the ability to help keep the body hydrated and electrolytes balanced.
- The potent antioxidants in Chia naturally preserve the sensitive Omega-3 oils and provide anti-aging benefits. The antioxidant activity of chia seeds is higher than any whole food, even blueberries.
The taste of chia is very mild and pleasant and it can be easily combined with other foods without altering the taste dramatically. Chia can be added to recipes to provide more bulk and nutritional density. The most common way to eat chia is to first soak the seeds. They rapidly absorb a large amount of liquid, between 9-12 times their volume, in under 10 minutes. Chia can be used as a gel or in its whole seed form. Add it to smoothies, mix it in with salad dressings, puddings or sauces or simply eat it by the spoonful.
11 out of 11 people would recommend this product31/08/2017, By AnelI LOVE Truefood chia seeds! So versatile!13/08/2017, By isogood to know it is a local product. Excellent food additive to cereals, scones, rusks etc Tastes good and does you good too01/08/2017, By Ilse"Truefood Chia Seeds are the first to be locally grown in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province of South Africa, with no synthetic fertilizers or pesticides used in their cultivation." This message attracted me: but only to find out that the package reads: Imported from Argentina, so where is the guarantee of the above message. Also I believed that being packed in a 1kg package that the product might be cheaper: 1st locally grown and then less packaging cost, I did not found it more economic. Our family eats Chia every single day, so price and quality are very important. We found the Chia seeds excellent.31/07/2017, By nickiFantastic product, well packaged and has a variety of uses. I use it as a breakfast for myself and use it for my horses added to their feed, helps remove sand from the gut30/07/2017, By StephnieVery happy with the product itself - however I was disappointed that the package I received stated that it was a product of a South American country, and not KZN as I was expecting.20/07/2017, By Ilse (Perrys Leisure cc)I am going to try a packet to see what these local chias are like. Fantastic to have them grown locally. I sometimes grow some in my garden but just to get the seeds out without messing is very time consuming for me. Do not pass one day without my chia seeds. Will let you know once we have tried them.20/07/2017, By Rosegreat value11/07/2017, By LaurenGreat value. I use these in my smoothies.05/06/2017, By nickiThis product is fantastic and well priced. I bought them for my horse to help with removal of sand from the gut.12/04/2017, By RachaelVery happy to have discovered this super little seed LOCALLY GROWN and at such a great price! Hurrah on both fronts!30/06/2016, By BrendaI bought these to try because of all the lovely pics i saw online with gorgeous fruit in little jam jars, but the reality not quite the same. Simple enough to make and i think the liquid you use may make a difference - im still experimenting. When they swell up, they remind me of tomato pips - you know with like a puffy film around the pip. The whole mixture was kind of gooey. I made a liquid of milk, coconut milk, vanilla and xylitol. It was a great snack when i felt like something sweet. Added some butter and heated it up on cold night and almost like sago. Good for Banters like me - will keep on trying various liquids to see how taste is affected.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.