Here’s the inside scoop on what makes each spoonful of this Veggie Superfoods formula so special:
- Cereal Grasses: They provide a multinutritional boost. And they're more than qualified. Organically grown in rich volcanic soil – and because they're farm-grown, not tray-grown, they can lay down deep roots and absorb more nutrients. Alfalfa grass in particular. Organic wheat, barley and alfalfa grasses, all grown in nutrient-rich volcanic soil and packed with nutrients.
- Parsley: It contains so many ingredients that have so many healthful effects on our system. A powerful antioxidant herb with detoxing powers; full of carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C plus vitamins B1 and B2.
- Spinach: This leafy green is such a rich source of antioxidants, iron, folic acid and vitamins A, C, E and Kiron, folic acid, magnesium and nitrates. It is thought to play a role in regulating blood sugar levels and early research suggests that compounds in spinach may slow ageing of the nervous system!
- Organic & wild-harvested sea vegetables: This superfood powder contains a blend of no less than 7 organic or wild-harvested sea vegetables, which have 10 to 20 times more nutrients than land vegetables. Particularly when it comes to iodine, a vital mineral for the healthy functioning of glands like the pituitary, adrenals and thyroid. Contains: Organic Kelp (Laminaria Digitata), Organic Rockweed, Organic Dulse, Organic Bladderwrack, Organic Sea Lettuce, Organic Laver, Wild-Harvested Nori.
- Chlorella & spirulina: Two wonderfully beneficial fresh water vegetables. Chlorella is a nutritious little microalga. It's made of 60% easily assimilated protein and other lovely stuff like nucleic acids, essential fatty acids and the antioxidant beta-carotene. Plus it's nature's richest source of the antioxidant chlorophyll.Spirulina, is a microscopic, filamentous blue - green microalga that has a long history of use as food, extending as far back as 400 years ago. The food interest in Spirulina is focused mainly on its rich content of 1) protein; 60-70% protein by weight, 2) vitamins; especially vitamin B12 and beta-carotene, 3) essential minerals; especially iron and 4) essential fatty acids; it is one of the few sources of dietary gamma linoleic acid.
- Broccoli, daikon radish & kale: From the cruciferous (cell protecting)family. These veggies are just full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Packed with free radical scavenging anti-oxidants, cruciferous vegetable sprout is naturally high in phytonutrients, vitamin C, folate, B1,B2, B3, B5, B6, vitamin K, copper, magnesium, potassium, iron , manganese, potassium, calcium, selenium, sodium, zinc and sulfur. Daikon a natural digestive rich in vitamins A, C and E, but it is also a 'lovely' natural remedy for a hangover. Kale is very high in beta-carotene and vitamin K and C and rich in calcium and two other very important carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin which are vital for eye health.
- Sprouts: The formula includes 5 organic sprouts, namely amaranth, fenugreek, sunflower, adzuki and quinoa. These sprouts have up to 100 times more enzymes than raw fruits or veggies – wow! When Amaranth seeds sprout, they pop like popcorn. Popping out an abundance of nutrients like lysine, an essential amino acid. It's content of plant stanols and squalene may be of benefit for those with hypertension, cardiovascular disease and to help lower cholesterol. Traditionally, Fenugreeks are being used to assist with digestive problems. Sunflowers have 30 times the nutrient value and life force of any other sprout! Adzuki sprouts, voted the "most red" sprout, provide a valuable source of minerals; iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and folic acid. Quinoa is a "super-grain", due to a protein content that's higher than rice, potatoes, barley and millet. It's a great source of fibre, phosphorus, magnesium and iron.
- From ancient times Mushrooms have been used or their effects on the human body. The Veggie Superfoods Powder is filled with a 13-pack of mushroom species, handpicked for their immune-enhancing properties. The unique blend of mushrooms consists of Cordyceps Sinenesis, Maitake, Agaricus Blazei, Coriolus Versicolor, Reishi, Chaga, Cordyceps Militaris, Lions manine, Wood Ear, Pleurotus Eryngii, Oyester and Mesima.
Note: Supplements should be used to complement a healthy, balanced and varied diet.
- Veggie Superfoods Powder: Unless directed by your healthcare practitioner, take 1 heaped tablespoon (10g) once or twice daily, mixed with water or fruit juice.
- Not suitable for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Contains iodine and concentrated parsley; do not use if you are allergic or hypersensitive to any of the ingredients.
- Not suitable for those with severe liver or kidney disease.
- Do not use if you have a thyroid problem, except under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose unless directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- May contain tree nuts and peanuts.
- Note: Speak to your healthcare provider before taking any supplement, especially if you have a medical condition or experience side-effects.
24 out of 25 people would recommend this product21/11/2020, By SueAbsolutely love this, and so does my 13 year old son! He made our fist dish to try it out with (scrambled eggs) and it tasted absolutely amazing! So glad I got the 3 for 2 deal!30/10/2020, By GowwaaVery good products, I will day there products are organic and healthy.26/10/2020, By SissieSuperfood supplements26/10/2020, By Sissiehigh potency supplements25/10/2020, By MienFantastic product10/09/2020, By NickyTaste is not great, but for the health benefits, i will buy again.05/09/2020, By BryanGreat product and the super fast with there delivery.
27/08/2020, By LitzGood product Taste is not lekker08/07/2020, By SPMY GUNSTELING REEKS25/05/2020, By ALLYI am now really into "Superfoods" and this one is also full of goodness giving me a great start to the day!18/05/2020, By Sandesh Elainedon't like taste18/04/2020, By Gerhardwas dissapointed10/10/2019, By KentThere really isn't much going on with this product. It tastes awful but the worst part is half a multivitamin or the natural whey protein sold here has double and triple the minerals, vitamins and amino acids that are in this product. I wouldn't recommend this to any one
05/09/2019, By AlistairWhy does this have to include gluten? It would be perfect if it didn't contain the grasses.14/05/2019, By RobynThe taste takes a lot of getting used to - it's like drinking pond scum! I mix the teaspoon of powder with a shot of almond milk and down it quickly. However, my incessant cravings for bad foods are pretty much gone and my energy levels are better.20/01/2019, By VanessaLove this supplement. Eat this every morning. Feeling less guilty if I don't eat veggies every day09/10/2018, By TanyaWhat a super healthy supplement!
You would think it would taste really "bad" but it's do-able and you feel so healthy afterwards :-)!02/10/2018, By NickA great way of getting more greens in my diet12/08/2018, By LGreat way to make sure you're eating enough greens.10/06/2018, By RonIf you know you’re not eating enough greens this is a very easy way of substituting and blends wonderfully into smoothies!20/04/2017, By MignonI love this stuff, but I had a hard time mixi g it with juice, it made clumps. Now I have discovered an awesome way to drink it, I melt a tablespoon of Coconut oil and add the powder to that, I also add some juice afterwds, tastes awesome. It really works for me.17/10/2016, By RenciaFeeling so healthy since I started using it!21/06/2016, By VerenaEven in a smoothie I do not enjoy this powder. It really leaves a grainy, powdery taste in the mouth. Good product though and definitely serves a great purpose. I would rather just eat loads of fresh greens!28/01/2016, By JanineThis might not taste like milkshake, but it makes me feel amazing. I have been using this for many months. I don do well with vitamins in pill form (and some other liquid forms) and I have tried quite a few brands. This product is just so much better. No stomach issues and I can actually feel that this is working... My body just loves it15/09/2015, By MelanieI have been using this product for 9 months now and I have not caught a cold or flu the whole winter, for the first time ever in my life. its amazing!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.