The use of Maca as a supplement dates back thousands of years. In ancient Peruvian culture, it was used to enhance endurance and energy levels. If you’ve tried our Maca root supplements, you probably already know what a great energy giver and immune booster this superfood is. What you might not have heard about however, is Maca’s more romantic reputation! With Valentine’s Day coming up in a couple of weeks, we wanted to share some of the lesser-known benefits of this fantastic superfood – naughty and nice alike.
- Feel the Love – Maca stimulates the pituitary gland and acts as an aphrodisiac, giving the libido a natural boost.
- Oh Baby – This superfood has been shown to help improve fertility in women and men, and to increase sperm count as well.
- Hormonal Harmony – Maca is a remedy for hormonal imbalances, great for relieving the symptoms of PMS and menopause.
- Get Happy! Because of its hormonal balancing benefits, maca is also a great mood booster, known for its ability to relieve depression and anxiety.
There are so many ways to enjoy this sensational superfood:
- Convenient capsules – Take these organic Maca capsules daily with meals. They’re vegan-friendly and easy for your body to absorb.
- Shake it – Try a Maca shake or smoothie mix, packaged in convenient individual sachets.
- Superfood supplement – You can sprinkle Maca root powder over your food, mix it into yoghurt and smoothies or even use it in a raw chocolate recipe. It has a pleasant malty taste similar to Horlicks.
- Pure indulgence – Treat yourself or your sweetheart to this Honest raw chocolate with Maca. Handcrafted with love using raw and organic ingredients, it’s the perfect alternative to sugary Valentine’s Day candy.
Pick your favourite and experience the magic of Maca for yourself!