20 Oct Top Ten Summer Detox Tips
If you’re still feeling sluggish and slow despite the glorious summer sunshine, it’s time for a post-winter detox to get your body and mind back on track. Detoxing means cleansing and revitalising your whole system, flushing out nasty toxins and losing a few unwanted pounds along the way! Here are 10 safe and healthy detoxing tips that will give you that reboot you need, without shocking your system or resorting to crash dieting.
1. Can the Caffeine: Instead of your morning coffee, squeeze the juice of half a fresh lemon into a glass of warm water, sip and enjoy. This antioxidant-rich brew will kick-start your system, plus the vitamin C makes it easier for your body to absorb nutrients – so it’s the perfect accompaniment to your morning vitamin supplement!
If you simply have to have that caffeine fix, replace that cup of acidifying coffee with a pot of organic green tea. It’s the perfect pick-me-up, rich in antioxidants and great for liver support. Here are some of our favourite green teas:
- Qi Organic China Green Tea
- Qi Organic Ginger Green China Tea
- EatArt Seven Angels Flowering Tea Ball
- Theonista Ginger & Green Tea Kombucha
2. Ditch the Dairy & Gluten: These are two of the biggest culprits when it comes to toxic accumulation. Reduce the strain on your digestive system by avoiding gluten and dairy products while you detox.
3. Get Juicing: Invest in a good quality juicer and enjoy an organic green smoothie every day. Leafy greens and veggies help to neutralise excess acidity, and gives your body a meal that’s easy to digest and absorb – more nutrients for your body, less work for your digestive tract.
Add an alkalising powder to your juice mix, to balance your body’s pH levels:
4. Love Your Liver: Make herbal liver support a part of your detox regime, to process toxins more efficiently and keep this all-important organ functioning at its peak.
5. Get Moving! Exercise boosts your circulation, your lymphatic system, and your oxygen flow. It also helps you to release toxins through your sweat glands.
6. Spice it Up: Add garlic and ginger to your summer salads and fresh-squeezed juices. They both have powerful cleansing properties.
7. Superfood Sensation: Take Chlorella tablets daily, or add Chlorella powder to your juices and smoothies. This power-packed green algae rids your body of all sorts of nasty toxins, including mercury and toher heavy metals.
8.Beauty Sleep: It’s not always easy with those lovely long summer evenings tempting us to stay up late – but sleep is so important in helping your system recover and repair itself. Aim to get at least 8 hours of good quality sleep a night – you can make up for it with some late nights during summer party season!
9. Soak Away Your Cares: Add a sprinkling of Epsom salts to your bath and relax for 10-20 before bedtime. This is a wonderful treatment that draws out toxins, and leaves your skin feeling soft and pampered too. Or try a pH balancing bath soak:
10. Pump Up the Probiotics: These beneficial microbes support digestion and immunity, and help to combat toxins produced by harmful microbes (such as E. coli and Candida). A probiotic supplement helps to maintain a healthy internal balance and are a powerful ally in fighting toxic accumulation.
Be kind to your body and start the summer feeling fresh and energised!