25 Apr Very Vanilla: Three Luxurious Organic Vanilla Recipes
We’re very excited about the brand-new range of organic vanilla products now available at Faithful to Nature – these vanilla pods, powders and extracts are so pure and delicious, made using only fresh organic Bourbon Madagascar vanilla. That means you get a superior flavour and aroma, with no preservatives, pesticides or additives.
Now most of you might think of vanilla as an afterthought in most of your baked goods recipes – but we’re sure that after perusing the recipes below, you’ll be amazed at the versatility this luxurious spice! Get creative and wow your dinner guests with these simple yet sophisticated recipes, made with real organic vanilla:
Cocoa, Chilli & Vanilla Spiced Nuts
A protein-packed cocktail hour snack with a delicate balance of sweet and spicy flavours.
- 2cups mixed raw nuts (cashews, almonds, pecans etc.)
- 1 large egg white
- 2tsp organic vanilla powder
- 1tsp cocoa powder
- ¼tsp cayenne pepper
- ½tsp sea salt
- ¼cup sugar (or substitute coconut sugar)
- Preheat oven to 160°
- Lightly beat the egg white in a large bowl
- Mix in the spices, salt and sugar until the mixture is slightly frothy
- Add the nuts and mix well
- Spread the mixture over a lightly greased baking sheet, and bake until crispy (40 – 45 minutes), turning at the 20-minute mark
- Makes 4 – 6 servings, and will keep for up to a week (in an airtight container)
Vanilla & Citrus Vinaigrette
This sweet, zesty salad dressing is perfect for winter salads – think warm spinach, walnuts, figs, pecans and pomegranates!
- Seeds of 1 organic vanilla pod OR 2tsp ground vanilla
- ¾cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½tbsp raw honey
- ¼tsp salt
- 1tsp orange zest
- Fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth
- Makes 3 – 4 servings
Raw Vegan Vanilla Milkshake
A guilt-free, dairy-free indulgence.
- 2 bananas, frozen
- Seeds of 1 organic vanilla pod OR 2tsp organic vanilla extract
- 3cups almond milk
- 2tbsp raw honey or agave nectar
- Simple – pop all your ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy!
- For a double-thick mixture, add a handful of cashew nuts while blending
- You can also experiment with flavours by adding a handful of strawberries or a teaspoon of cacao powder to the mix