- Pure organic vanilla spice
- Cultivated and harvested in Madagascar’s north-east region
- Contains no vanillin (artificial vanilla flavour)
- No preservatives, additives or pesticides
- USDA certified
- Handy adjustable grinder for easy use
Did You Know? Vanilla is the second-most expensive and precious spice in the world, after saffron. That’s because vanilla crops have to be pollinated by hand.
Khoisan runs one of the biggest organic operations in Madagascar; the Bourbon vanilla is carefully cultivated and harvested before being fermented, dried and shipped to Cape Town.
Recipe for Simple Vanilla Sauce:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1tbsp cornstarch
- 2tbsp butter
- 2tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the sugar and cornstarch; blend well.
- Boil water in a saucepan and stir in the sugar and cornstarch mix.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook until thickened, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and mix in butter, vanilla and salt, stirring until the batter melts.
- Spoon over your favourite ice cream or dessert; makes approx. ¾ cup of sauce.
Dried pieces, 100% organic Bourbon Vanilla
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
The Real Deal
23 Oct, 2014, By Ayanda
I have never tasted real vanilla pods in my life, until I bought this Vanilla Grinder. And honestly, verses the other vanilla packages being sold on FTN, I would recommend this vanilla product. Its cheaper in the long run. AND ITS ORGANIC!
I over use it in my smoothies... But I love it. This IS IT
Convenient packaging to add vanilla aroma to everything :-)
08 Oct, 2014, By Luisa
I love using this grinder to add this extra bit of taste to my muesli or oats in the morning and as a convenient means to add vanilla flavour into my baking!
Mouldy pod smell
28 Sep, 2014, By Alde
Smells to much like the pod - overbearing the vanilla smell, sorry!