25 Feb The Smoothie That Will Do More for Your Skin Than A Vampire Facial
Collagen is the closest thing our skin has to the fountain of youth. It keeps what is considered the largest organ in our body smooth, supple and hydrated. There are many ways in which we can load up on the protein. We suggest ramping up on the collagen-rich foods in your diet, which include chicken, fish, eggs, almonds, kiwi, strawberries, grapefruit and bone broth, as well as FTN endorsed collagen product. That way you’ll be putting in what your body needs, as opposed to only putting on top.
STRAWBERRY & GRAPEFRUIT SMOOTHIE
Calories: 108 per serving
- 1 grapefruit peeled and chopped
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 1 pink lady/granny smith apple cored and chopped
- 2.5cm fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons of collagen powder
- Handful of ice
- Peel and cube the grapefruit.
- Core and chop the apple.
- Peel and slice the root ginger.
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour smoothie into cups (if making for multiple people) or fill one cup and place the rest of the mixture into an air-sealed container and store for up to five days in the refrigerator or a month in the freezer.