25 Apr Grounding Superfood Smoothie Bowl
This Grounding Smoothie Bowl was made by Amy van der Merwe of AnEarthenLife.com.
‘Maca is the ground, a nugget of gold,
A marriage elements awesome behold
Radiant sunlight, earth steady and stable
A body tuned in, strong, responsive and stable’
The Magic of Superfoods – Peter and Beryn Daniel
Maca is an incredible Superfood that is beautifully grounding for our Root Chakra. It is specifically great for women, as a hormonal support, a natural aphrodisiac and it enhances fertility.
Paired with beetroots rich red antioxidants and hibiscus mood improving qualities this is a great one for us women.
- 4 bananas
- 200ml warm water
- Half a beetroot, juiced
- Half a cup frozen blueberries
- A handful of dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 tsp baobab powder
- 1 tsp maca
- 1/2 teaspoon pea protein
- 1 tsp rosehip powder
- 2 Tablespoons macadamia butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Measure out about a cup of warm water and soak your hibiscus flowers in the water while you prep your toppings. I haven’t included the toppings in the ingredients list as you can really add whatever you have – I have added the chia seeds and macadamia butter but you can also add those into the smoothie. Remember that you can have fun with smoothies.
- I use an Omniblend V for multiple smoothies and a Nutribullet – both of which I love for different reasons!
- Add the bananas – you can use frozen bananas and less water if you would like a more ice cream textured bowl – add in all the superfoods ingredients and blend.
- To get the patterns on mine I gradually added ingredients and took some out as the colour changes. So first I did just the bananas, water and superfoods, put some aside, then I added the blueberries, put some aside and then I added the hibiscus water and beetroot juice. You can put the different colours into squeeze bottles and make swirls of colour, then run a tooth pick through the swirls.
- I topped mine with dried persimmons, raw beetroot, banana, blueberries, macadamia butter, my hydrated hibiscus flowers and chia seeds. Have fun and play around!!