06 Mar Rooibos & Cinnamon Infused Collagen Jellies
These rooibos & cinnamon infused collagen jellies are an easy and delicious way to give some love to your hair, nails and skin. The collagen is a great source of protein that contributes to strength and structure to your body, not to mention that they only take a total of 30 minutes to make, from start to finish. Make a batch and snack on them throughout the week for a sweet “treat” and a protein punch!
- 1 silicon chocolate mould or small silicon ice tray
- 1 silicon spatula (optional for easier stirring, but normal spoon also works)
- 2 cups 100% natural apple juice
- 4 tsp agar agar powder
- 4 Tbsp honey (or agave)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 rooibos tea bags
- 2 Tbsp collagen powder
- Pour the apple juice in a small saucepan and put on medium/high heat. Mix in the agar agar, using the spatula (or back of a spoon) to press out all the clumps on the side of the saucepan.
- Once all the agar agar is dissolved, add in the cinnamon sticks and tea bags.
- Bring to boil, then turn off the heat and take out the cinnamon sticks and tea bags. Allow to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Once the liquid has cooled mix in the collagen, pour it into your silicone mould and place in the fridge to set. Takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Once the first set of jellies are set you can pop them out into a jar for storage. If you only have one mould to work with pour in the rest of the mixture and continue this process.
- It is important that you store your jellies in the fridge as heat will make the jellies melt.