30 Nov Natural Playdough Recipe
Playdough always looks and smells just too enticing not to taste when mom isn’t looking. It’s a no-brainer we think to give your kids non-toxic play dough to explore.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup flour (here is the gluten-free option for those that want it)
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon aluminium-free baking powder
- beet-, spinach-, and carrot-juice or follow the instructions below for other ways to naturally colour play dough
- Raspberries/Blueberries or Strawberries – simply boil a big handful of the fruit and a cup of water and then sieve to get the juice.
- Rose Petals – tear up the petals of approx. 6 roses and boil with 1 cup of water, and sieve to get the juice.
- Beetroot – 1 medium sized beetroot boiled with a cup of water and sieved afterwards.
- Turmeric – 2 teaspoons with a cup of water and sieved afterwards.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and oil, and slowly add water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until dough becomes stiff. Put onto wax paper and let cool. Knead the dough with your hands until it feels right. Start playing as is,or divide into balls and add a few drops of the vegetable juices to make your colours.
- Get ready to have a ball!