18 Mar Marinated Beetroot and Apple Salad
- 4 beetroots, steamed
- 2 big granny smith apples
- Your choice of green: lettuce, spinach, wild rocket or massaged kale
- Sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- Yellow cherry tomatoes
- Microgreens or sprouts
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar (or raw sugar)
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Steam the beetroots in water with a dash of sea salt, until soft enough to peel and slice.
- Remove the apple cores and slice into thin slices.
- In a small bowl add all the marinade ingredients and mix until well combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the apples and beets and then pour the marinade over. Give it a good toss before covering and place in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Remove from the fridge. Place the salad on top of a bed of greens and top with nuts, seeds and other greens. Pour the remaining marinade in a bowl to be used for dressing on the side.