30 Jul Immune Boosting Tricks That Every Natural Mamma Should Have Up Her Sleeve
Most mothers with young children at this time of year feel that there is constant warfare to keep their household healthy. Unfortunately a large percentage of children are required to take frequent and prolonged courses of chemical antibiotics, which often only lead to further weaken the immune system and in some cases, exacerbate allergies. Moms despair and promise themselves that this will be the last course of anti-biotics, but wheezy chests the following week are too horrific to bear (quite rightly) and anti-biotics are given again.
I understand that you may feel helpless, confused and continually anxious about the next signs of illness that follow on from every playdate. But,keep an open mind and please give these suggestions a try.
Here are some really simple tricks to use the power of nutrition as an alley in the war on health.
1. Keep it Fruity. Fruits are high in vitamin C and antioxidants, and both of these natural nutrients boost the immune system. Antioxidants travel through the bloodstream and protect tissue from damage. They are like the anti-rust protection in an automobile, helping reduce the wear and tear on the engine. The less wear and tear on the body, the less susceptible it is to infection.
Smoothies are a wonderful way to increase the fruit intake of your children. Get them involved in making their own smoothies. The great thing about this is that you can sneak superfood powders in without any resistance.
2. Boost Essential Fatty Acids. Put linseeds; sunflower seeds and almonds through a grinder or a blender to get a fine powder. With it’s nutty sweet taste, it can be added to a variety of meals – it is especially good on vegetables. EFA’s boost the immune system and reduce inflammation in the respiratory tract.
3. Make friends with Garlic. It is a wonderful antibiotic. and is most effective if taken fresh and raw. To do this, pass 2 raw garlic cloves through a press or crusher to express their juice and mix this juice in fresh sweet fruit juices or steamed vegetables, or any mealtime foods that your child will enjoy. Alternatively, try our natural antibiotic made from extracts of garlic.
4. Get the right Omegas. Omega 3 fats, especially those found in cold-water fish are key immune boosters and maintain the health of almost every single organ in the body. Plus they increase the efficiency of white blood cells which fight bacteria. Grandmothers knew this fact years ago in the pre-antibiotic era when they prescribed that awful tasting cod liver oil. Either feed your children a good source of wild salmon three times a week, or take grandmothers advice and add a little cod liver to juice or oatmeal.
5. Don’t be Too Sweet. Find alternatives to sugar and other sweeteners. Studies show over and over again that a high intake of sugar reduces the ability of immune-fighting white blood cells significantly. Coconut blossom sugar is a great-tasting alternative.
6. Find quality Vitamin C. Unfortunately the vast majority of ascorbic acid available is vitamin C synthesised from corn sugar. Even though it fits the strictly defined molecular structure of Vitamin C, it is really not the form encountered in food. You want to find a 100% natural vitamin C from plant sources, like The Real Thing Ester-C Combo Tablets, made with sea vegetables and citrus bioflavonoids. Otherwise, harness the availability of superfoods, and add a powder like Baobab powder into smoothies and deserts. Baobab fruit has been used as food and medicinal plant, for hundreds of years in Africa. It contains high levels of Vitamin C, calcium and dietary fibers. Recent studies have shown that baobab fruit is an excellent antioxidant and has prebiotic properties.
7. Keep the treats real. Make home made cookies and cakes with whole meal flour, oats, cold pressed oils, honey, dried fruits, and the powdered linseed, sunflowerseed, sesame seeds and almonds. These are much healthier than packaged cookies and cakes which contain sugar, salt and artificial chemicals and, although convenient, will not boost the nutritional status. You can find all of these ingredients available at your online organic shops.
8. Eat like a Rabbit. Green leafy vegetables help our immune systems, provide antioxidant protection and rejuvenate our cells. Green leafy vegetables also contain significant amounts of protein, minerals and fibre. As we naturally eat heavier, richer, cooked foods in winter it is important to keep eating a proportion of raw greens. They provide balance to our meals and aid digestion and detoxification. Most kids pull their noses up at greens and so a wholefood supplement like our Vibrant Health Junior Sachets are every worried moms answer. Green Vibrance Junior is intended to not only fill in the gaps of a child’s often biased and randomly selected diet, but also to provide essential key nutrients required for full and healthful growth. Children need protein to build muscle, bone, and a robust endocrine system. They need zinc to assure growth, healing, immunity and maturation through puberty. They need a host of trace nutrients to run and regulate enzyme systems throughout the body, fuel brain development, and, ultimately, support every body system.
9. Opt for Natural Medicines. Granted, your children may take a little longer to heal but the quick fix antibiotics rob your little ones systems are other vital minerals and decrease their bodies own ability to fight infection. I recommend you try our organic tissue salts the moment you signs of illness coming on.
10. Know your Silver. Colloidal silver is a wonderful all natural mineral supplement that is perfect for those that have babies or kids in the house who inevitably will suffer with all the usual childhood ailments. It is not a medicine or a drug but rather all-natural ionised silver in de-ionised water with natural viricide, nactericide and fungicide properties which all support the human body in overcoming infections. It is a remarkable catalyst in the reproduction of a healthy, disease free cellular life. It has been used in space (NASA and MIR Space Station) for many many years and has natural antibiotic properties. It strengthens the body’s natural immune system to function at peak level. Best of all it hardly tastes of anything and so can be given to children without any hassles.
The following immune boosting foods should be in every clever-mommies recipe toolkit.