26 Jun Pick of the Bunch: Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
There’s nothing quite like a warm, moist slice of banana bread with your afternoon tea; it’s truly one of the most wholesome comfort foods out there. This gluten-free banana bread recipe adds a healthier twist to the classic banana loaf. It’s low in carbs and sugar, can be adapted for vegans and is suitable for most people with gluten intolerance. It’s also really easy to make, and the result is a scrumptious, nutrient-rich loaf of goodness.
Recipe for Groovy Gluten-Free Banana Bread:
- 3 medium ripe organic bananas
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg*
- 3tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼cup organic cane sugar
- ¼cup packed brown sugar
- 2-3tbsp honey**
- 3½tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ¾tsp salt
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾cup almond milk
- 1¼cup almond meal
- 1¼cup gluten-free flour
- 1¼cup gluten-free oats
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mash the bananas together in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add the vanilla, egg, coconut oil, sugar, honey, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & almond milk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the almond meal, flour & oats; stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined loaf tin; bake for 60-75min until golden-brown & firm.
- Place the loaf on a rack to cool completely (it will be too soft to cut while hot).
- Enjoy plain or with butter & honey.
Check out the original One Bowl Gluten-Free Banana Bread recipe (and many more tempting delights) from The Minimalist Baker.
Why not top your gluten-free banana loaf with chopped dried banana pieces. Our By Nature Dried Banana is free of preservatives and additives – packaged with just a little natural lemon juice for a longer shelf life.
Did You Know?
Bananas are rich in potassium, calcium and magnesium, but low in fat and sodium. Eating bananas can boost energy levels, promote healthy digestion, balance blood sugar and ease post-workout muscle cramps. This sunny yellow fruit is a real good-mood-food; it even helps to relieve depression! There are so many great reasons (and plenty of tasty ways) to enjoy bananas in your daily diet.