23 Jan Get Cooking with our Creamed Coconut Recipes
We’re so excited about the new addition to our coconut products range – organic creamed coconut, which gives you all the goodness of this nutrient-packed fruit in its pure concentrated form. Creamed coconut is made using unsweetened, dehydrated coconut flesh, which is then ground into a thick creamy paste. It can be grated, chopped or melted down to make a huge variety of delicious, satisfying and healthy sweet or savoury coconut dishes.
Here’s a look at three easy creamed coconut recipes you can try, using the organic creamed coconut from our green online store.
Amaizin Creamed Coconut is free of preservatives and additives, and packed with beneficial fatty acids.
Creamy Carrot & Sweet Potato Soup
- 1L fresh-squeezed carrot juice
- 2 leeks, trimmed & chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 400g chickpeas, cooked
- 4cm piece Amaizin Organic Creamed Coconut
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large handful spinach leaves, washed & shredded
- 1Tbsp butter or ghee
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the carrot juice to the boil in a pan.
- Add the leeks, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, creamed coconut, chilli, ginger, garlic & thyme; reduce the heat & simmer the mixture for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the shredded spinach & simmer for a further 4-5 minutes, or until the sweet potato pieces are tender.
- If you prefer a thicker soup, mash the vegetables lightly using a potato masher, or blend in a food processor until smooth. (You may need to add a little extra carrot juice.) Add the butter or ghee & stir until melted, then season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, ladle into 4 serving bowls & garnish with a teaspoon of Greek yoghurt. Sprinkle with a dash of fresh coriander. Enjoy!
Thai Green Rice
- 340g basmati rice, cooked
- 50g Amaizin Organic Creamed Coconut
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 large fresh green chillies
- 4cm cube root ginger
- 20g fresh coriander
- 1½Tbsp odourless coconut oil
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 15 black peppercorns
- 40g unsalted cashew nuts, halved
- 2 medium onions, peeled & finely sliced
- 110g fresh peas
- 1tsp salt
- 425ml hot water
- 2Tbsp lime juice
- Bring a little water to a boil, add the creamed coconut & dissolve.
- Place the mixture in a food processor; add the garlic, chillies, ginger & coriander, then process until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Gently heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, peppercorns & cashews. Sauté for approx. 1 minute.
- Add the onions; cook over medium heat until soft & golden (8-10 minutes).
- Add the rice, stir & cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut mixture & cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peas & hot water; season with salt & bring to a simmer. Cover, turn heat down to low & cook very gently for 8 minutes without uncovering.
- Remove from heat; remove the lid & cover with a cloth for 10 minutes before serving.
- Remove the cinnamon bark, sprinkle with lime juice & chopped coriander leaves. Serve & enjoy!
Vanilla Coconut Cream Candy
- 200g Amaizin Organic Creamed Coconut
- 25ml raw honey
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup walnuts, raw or toasted (optional)
- Warm the creamed coconut in a double boiler over a bowl of hot water, until it can be stirred.
- Stir the honey, vanilla & chopped walnuts into the creamed coconut until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Before the mixture hardens, shape it into rolls & wrap each one in waxed paper.
- Place in the fridge to harden; then slice each one into rounds once they are firm.
- Enjoy as delicious creamy coconut candy treats! Keep refrigerated in a sealed container.