- No preservatives or additives
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Can be used as a vegan alternative to dairy cream
- A good source of fibre & protein
- Naturally gluten-free & dairy free
- Rich in magnesium, selenium, calcium & phosphorus
- Source of heart-healthy MCFAs (medium chain fatty acids)
- Contains lauric acid, which is antibacterial & antiviral; a good immune booster
- High in antioxidant vitamins C & E
- Suitable for Banting/ Paleo diets
- Can be stored at room temperature.
- Can be grated or melted into a variety of dishes & desserts.
- Dissolving 50g of creamed coconut in 100ml warm water will give you the consistency of coconut milk.
Recipe for Sticky Coconut Rice:
- 85g Amaizin Creamed Coconut
- 110g basmati rice
- 250ml hot water
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Place the creamed coconut, rice & hot water into a medium saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat & simmer gently for 10-12 minutes (until the rice is tender). Stir occasionally & add extra water if needed.
- Remove from heat & transfer to a large serving bowl. Garnish with fresh coriander & enjoy with a home-made curry.
Nutritional Information (per 100g):
- Energy: 2939 kJ/703 kcal
- Protein: 7g
- Glycaemic Carbohydrate: 24g
- of which total sugar: 7g
- Total fat: 65g
- of which saturated fat: 57g
- of which trans fat: 0g
- of which monounsaturated fat: 3g
- of which polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- Dietary fibre: 14g
- Total sodium: 80mg