15 Feb 3 Diverse with Recipes Coconut Water
Coconut water tastes delicious and is so good for you – packed with potassium and electrolytes, it’s a wonderful way to stay hydrated and boost your energy levels. Now while you’ve most likely already used it in a whole range of your favourite juice and smoothie recipes, you might be wondering just how versatile this wonderful natural refreshment is. Great news – there are so many unusual, delicious and easy-to-make recipes out there that use fresh coconut water as the main ingredient. Get creative and try your hand at coconut water coffee, sorbet and a special probiotic drink.
1. Coconut Coffee
- 1 shot strong espresso (or our fab rooibos espresso)
- ½ cup boiling filtered water
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1Tbsp almond milk
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Honey or agave to taste
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- Mix the espresso with the boiling water until completely combined.
- Add the almond milk & vanilla; stir until combined.
- Add the coconut water. Sweeten with honey to taste.
- Serve immediately, in a large glass over crushed ice.
2. Coconut Vanilla Sorbet
- 800ml coconut water
- 100g coconut cream
- 60ml Chaloner Maple Syrup Grade A
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- Desiccated coconut, to serve
- Freeze the coconut water in ice cube trays, until frozen solid.
- Crush the coconut water ice cubes in a food processor until you have “snow”.
- Add the coconut cream, maple syrup & vanilla; blend until you have a smooth creamy mixture.
- Sprinkle with a little desiccated coconut & serve immediately.
3. Coconut Water Kefir or Kombucha
Coconut water can be used in place of milk or plain water when making kefir, and in place of tea when brewing kombucha. These two refreshing, health-giving fermented drinks are rich in probiotics and nutrients. The recipes can take a bit of practice, but they’re a lot of fun to try and will definitely add an extra nutritional kick to your kefir and kombucha.
To make coconut water kombucha:
Simply follow the instructions included in your kombucha kit, using the coconut water in place of the tea blend.
To make coconut water kefir:
- Filtered water
- Kefir grains
- Venga Pure Coconut Waterr
- Coconut sugar
- Blackstrap molasses
- Sodium bicarbonate
See detailed instructions on how to make water kefir here.