08 Jan Detoxifying Guacamole with Kale and Cayenne
We can all be happy to know that, yes, guacamole is in fact on the list of detox foods, even more so when you add Cape kale powder to it. Packed with Vitamin B6, Iron, Protein and anti-inflammatory properties it’s actually a bit of a no-brainer. Throw some cayenne pepper and chilli powder in there and you’ve got the perfect ingredients to encourage sweating that flushes toxins, and then, of course, the mighty avo enters: the ultimate good fat.
- 4 ripe avos, cut into chunks
- 20g Cape Kale Powder
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoon chilli powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- Coriander, to serve (optional)
- Combo all your ingredients together.
- You can choose to blend your avos for a smoother consistency, but we prefer a good old fashion “back of the fork” mash. The rustic chunks give the recipe great texture, as well as a great visual pop of colour with the other ingredients included.
- Serve with your favourite corn chips or just hit it up with some cucumber and carrots sticks.