19 Apr Air-Fried Vegan Garlic Mushrooms
So you’ve bought yourself an air-fryer and you want to get into the world of air-fried goodness? Here’s a delicious vegan garlic mushroom recipe that will make time and time again. Recipe adapted from A Veg Taste from A to Z.
For the Batter:
- ⅓ Cup (90g) soy or oat milk
- ¼ Cup (35g) rice flour
- ¼ Cup(35g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (7-8g) fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, minced
- Combine your plant-based milk, flours, garlic, salt and pepper – blend until smooth. Then, transfer into a big bowl and add your parsley to mix well.
- To coat your mushrooms lather them (cleaned) in your batter using a spatula, followed by a coat of bread crumbs.
- Place your coated mushrooms into your air fryer basket, spread evenly, not overlapped.
- Option to drizzle with a little grapeseed oil to prevent your mushrooms from sticking. Fry for 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Halfway through, give the mushrooms a bit of a shake, drizzle with a little extra oil, and let them fry for the remaining 7-8 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a crack of sea salt and fresh parsley.