In the midst of the harshest conditions of the Namibian desert, the Commiphora wildii plant naturally exudes a precious resin, which the Himba women of Kaokoland wild harvest. They call the resin Omumbiri - the Mbiri range is inspired by this desert gift:
- 100% natural and contains certified organic ingredients
- Deeply nourishing African botanticals such as Marula oil high in fatty acids and Kalahari melon Seed Oil rich in phytosterols and Omega-6, improve skin health and appearance
- Namibian Myrrh is central to the magical fragrance and benefical properties as it is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and overall very healing and restorative for the skin. It’s also emotionally calming and relaxing
- Only naturally exuded resin is collected
- Harvester-owned processing facility where the essential oil is extracted
- Marula Oil and Kalahari Melon Seed oil are sourced from local co-operatives
- RSPO certified and sustainable palm oil
Ethical, Organic Mbiri…
- All Mbiri products are 100% natural and contain certified organic ingredients.
- Mbiri is also accredited by Beauty Without Cruelty and The Vegan Society.
- Being approved by Phytotrade, who monitors the fairtrade and sustainability of the raw ingredients, means that the harvesters are being treated fairly and truly benefit from the plant product being processed.
- Every Mbiri product bought filters benefits right down to the harvesters not only in Namibia, but in Africa.
Suggested Companion: once you are fragrantly clean, enhance and deepen the luscious effect of Mbiri Body Wash by rounding off with the Hydrating Body Lotion.
Mbiri have launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise money to grow their business, and half of the contributions raised will go to their community project in Namibia. Watch the video to see what harvesting Namibian Myrrh is all about.
- For external use only.
- Aqua, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Water, Polyglyceryl-4-Caprate, Commiphora Wildii (Namibian Myrrh) Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, Coco-Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Levulinate, Levulinic Acid,*Citronellol, *Geraniol, *Linalool, *Limone
- *components of natural essential oils
- 100% of the total ingredients are from natural origin
18 out of 18 people would recommend this product07/02/2021, By MarieNot bad, but I'm still looking for that one product that will make using a moisturiser unnecessary after a shower.31/01/2021, By Jo HQuite like this, lovely earthy smell. Foams fine with loofah. As much as I loved it, my body wash usually lasts more than a month, this one barely made it, which makes it pricey and not sure it’s worth it unfortunately.27/08/2020, By Healthy BeanOne of my favourite shower gels that will always find its way back into my shopping cart! I love the earthy scent and the way it makes my skin feel.27/07/2020, By MelMakes your skin feel really hydrated and the smell is just amazing! Its a total reorder..08/03/2020, By JurgenLove the smell, the gentle, non-drying cleansing and that very little goes a long way.18/12/2018, By WarrenMbiri is the best natural body wash I have used so far! Unique but great smell and lathers well.27/09/2018, By MKI've been making the transition towards only using earth friendly products in my household. I wanted to love this product as much as the other reviewers, but I didn't see a big difference in my skin (I have dry skin with dermatitis). I am also not too fond of the herb smell, but that is a personal preference.30/08/2018, By FreshnuSo in love with this body wash, smells amazing, feels amazing on my skin. Theres something about the smell that keeps me calm, will definitely be ordering more.06/08/2018, By samHydrating , foams well, a little goes a long way and smells very nice. This is my favorite.07/07/2018, By SaadFresh and hydrating. Foams well with little needed. And the scent is relaxing and not overempowering.18/06/2018, By NicoleThis body wash smells amazing and leaves your skin soft and hydrated. A little goes along way.
We will definitely reorder this product.11/09/2017, By Michelle GrayI have nothing bad to say about this body wash. I love that it smells amazing, feels amazing and is a proudly South African product!28/07/2017, By LizaI'd like to think of myself as somewhat of a body wash/shower gel connoisseur, and this is hands down the best body wash I've ever tried! The smell is otherworldly and it moisturizes like crazy. Will definitely be restocking soon.23/06/2017, By MaureenI recently bought this to try as my skin gets so dry in the highveld winters. I also bought the matching body lotion and used both of them for the first time yesterday. I actually find it hard to believe but this is the first time in months that I have not felt as if ants are running all over my skin. I have used shea butter, organic body washes and creams but nothing NOTHING has worked like this. This is the only body wash for me from now on.06/03/2017, By TamI love this wash! It smells great and really does leave your skin feeling hydrated. You also only need a small amount to wash your whole body and it lathers beautifully. I always feel refreshed after using this body wash.01/06/2016, By KateThe smell and the softness of the product makes you really feel it is all natural. I have been using this wash on my face too and it is perfect. Delighted to have found it and would highly recommend you to try it!09/04/2016, By JenniferLove the smell and the gentleness of the product. Leaves skin feeling soft and fragrant. Will definitely layer with lotion as well!
And packaging is beautiful as well.28/07/2015, By ShelleyThis is such a WOW product. Beautifully scented and soft soft soft.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.