In the midst of the harshest conditions of the Namibian desert, the Commiphora wildii plant naturally exudes a precious resin, which the Himba women of Kaokoland wild harvest. They call the resin Omumbiri - the Mbiri range is inspired by this desert gift:
- 100% natural and contains certified organic ingredients
- Deeply nourishing African botanticals such as Marula oil high in fatty acids and Kalahari melon Seed Oil rich in phytosterols and Omega-6, improve skin health and appearance
- Namibian Myrrh is central to the magical fragrance and benefical properties as it is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and overall very healing and restorative for the skin. It’s also emotionally calming and relaxing
- Only naturally exuded resin is collected
- Harvester-owned processing facility where the essential oil is extracted
- Marula Oil and Kalahari Melon Seed oil are sourced from local co-operatives
Ethical, Organic Mbiri…
- All Mbiri products are 100% natural and contain certified organic ingredients.
- Mbiri is also accredited by Beauty Without Cruelty and The Vegan Society.
- Being approved by Phytotrade, who monitors the fairtrade and sustainability of the raw ingredients, means that the harvesters are being treated fairly and truly benefit from the plant product being processed.
- Every Mbiri product bought filters benefits right down to the harvesters not only in Namibia, but in Africa.
Suggested Companion: once you are fragrantly clean, enhance and deepen the luscious effect of Mbiri Body Wash by rounding off with the Hydrating Body Lotion.
Mbiri have launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise money to grow their business, and half of the contributions raised will go to their community project in Namibia. Watch the video to see what harvesting Namibian Myrrh is all about.
For external use only.
Aqua (water),cocamidopropyl betaine, aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf extract*,lauryl glucoside, decyl glucoside, glycerin, xanthan gum, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, coco glucoside,glyceryl oleate, citrullus lanatus (kalahari melon) seed oil, sclerocarya birrea (marula) seed oil, citric acid, cymbopogon martini (palmarosa) oil, citrus aurantium amara (petitgrain) leaf/twig oil*, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil*, aspalathus linearis (rooibos) leaf extract*,salicylic acid, levulinic acid, sodium levulinate, glyceryl caprylate, pelargonium graveolens (rose geranium) oil, vetiveria zizanioides (vetiver) root oil, tocopherol, commiphora wildii (Namibian myrrh) oil, gamma decalactone, geraniol**, linalool**, limonene**, citronellol**
*Ingredients from organic farming
**Component of natural essential oils
- 100% of the total ingredients are from natural origin
- 20% of the total ingredients are from organic farming
8 out of 8 people would recommend this product11/09/2017, By Michelle GrayI have nothing bad to say about this body wash. I love that it smells amazing, feels amazing and is a proudly South African product!28/07/2017, By LizaI'd like to think of myself as somewhat of a body wash/shower gel connoisseur, and this is hands down the best body wash I've ever tried! The smell is otherworldly and it moisturizes like crazy. Will definitely be restocking soon.23/06/2017, By MaureenI recently bought this to try as my skin gets so dry in the highveld winters. I also bought the matching body lotion and used both of them for the first time yesterday. I actually find it hard to believe but this is the first time in months that I have not felt as if ants are running all over my skin. I have used shea butter, organic body washes and creams but nothing NOTHING has worked like this. This is the only body wash for me from now on.06/03/2017, By TamI love this wash! It smells great and really does leave your skin feeling hydrated. You also only need a small amount to wash your whole body and it lathers beautifully. I always feel refreshed after using this body wash.15/08/2016, By Kristy-MareeMbiri body wash is so lovely! It is soft and gentle, and makes your skin feel great! I often use it as a shampoo as well as it really works well in my hair. I love the smell! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!01/06/2016, By KateThe smell and the softness of the product makes you really feel it is all natural. I have been using this wash on my face too and it is perfect. Delighted to have found it and would highly recommend you to try it!09/04/2016, By JenniferLove the smell and the gentleness of the product. Leaves skin feeling soft and fragrant. Will definitely layer with lotion as well!
And packaging is beautiful as well.28/07/2015, By ShelleyThis is such a WOW product. Beautifully scented and soft soft soft.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.