Mbiri values community upliftment and environmental sustainability and source their botanicals from co-ops that empower locals and have an eco-friedly ethos.
- Naturally nourishing nutrient-rich botanicals such as Marula and Kalahari Melon Seed Oil hydrate and renew skin and are African in origin
- Namibian Myrrh is excellent for the skin: it rejuvenates, heals, balances and is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory. It also has emotional affects that are calming and relaxing
- Sustainable as only naturally exuded resin is collected
- Harvester-owned processing facility empowers locals
- Marula and Kalahari Melon Seed Oil are sourced from local co-operatives
Ethical, Organic Mbiri…
- All Mbiri products are 100% natural and contain certified organic ingredients.
- Mbiri is also accredited by Beauty Without Cruelty and The Vegan Society.
- Being approved by Phytotrade, who monitors the fairtrade and sustainability of the raw ingredients, means that the harvesters are being treated fairly and truly benefit from the plant product being processed.
- Every Mbiri product bought filters benefits right down to the harvesters not only in Namibia, but in Africa.
Suggested companion: create delicious subtle layers of Mbiri fragrance and enhance skin-beautifying qualities of Mbiri moisturising Lotion by using Mbiri Hydrating Body Wash as your body cleanser before you moisturise.
Mbiri have launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise money to grow their business, and half of the contributions raised will go to their community project in Namibia. Watch the video to see what harvesting Namibian Myrrh is all about.
For external use only.
Aqua (water), aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf extract*, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) fruit oil, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, glyceryl stearate citrate, cetearyl alcohol, xanthan gum, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, citrullus lanatus (Kalahari melon) seed oil, sclerocarya birrea (marula) seed oil, aspalathus linearis (rooibos) leaf extract*, citric acid, stearic acid, glyceryl caprylate, levulinic acid,sodium levulinate, salicylic acid, cymbopogon martini (palmarosa) oil,citrus aurantium amara (petitgrain) leaf/twig oil*, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil*, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol,pelargonium graveolen (rose geranium) oil, vetiveria zizanioides (vetiver) root oil, commiphora wildii (namibian myrrh) oil, gamma decalactone, geraniol**, linalool**, limonene**, citronellol**
*Ingredients from organic farming
**Component of natural essential oils
- 100% of the total ingredients are from natural origin
- 20% of the total ingredients are from organic farming
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Mbiri is the best
15 Aug, 2016, By Kristy-Maree
This is just the best product I have ever used. It is so nourishing and moisturizing - without being heavy. It absorbs easily and smells DIVINE!!!!
03 May, 2016, By Meghan
This lotion is fantastic - it soaks straight into the skin and has this unique addictive fragrance that I just can get enough of. I use it on my babies as I know it is completely natural and safe and has no hidden ingredients in it!
Sweet and aromatic
15 Mar, 2016, By Bulelwa
Ive been looking for this kind of body lotion. Not only is it sweet and aromatic, it also does wonders for my skin. My skin feels so smooth. Will buy again and again.
07 Mar, 2016, By Michelle
I received a free sample of this lotion with my last order - what a treat! I managed to moisturise my entire body from head to toe with this tiny 5ml sample! A little goes a looooong way!
Smells great, is cruelty-free, vegan, not too runny, not sticky and really nourishes my dry, eczema-prone skin without irritation. Just wonderful.
03 Dec, 2015, By Carla
Had to come review this divine product!
Very impressed with the consistency - not too thick or thin.
Love how it feels, absorbs and hydrates my skin.
But absolutely most in love with the smell!!
13 Nov, 2015, By Surita
Got this as a gift from a friend (Masadi) and this is THE best body moisturizer EVER! I really never want to have to go without this lotion ever. I have really dry skin and this is the first lotion that just completely does it for me on all fronts - not oily, not runny, not sticky; just silky smooth with a lovely aroma - just perfect!!
Satisfied, but smell is slightly off-putting
27 Sep, 2015, By Verena
Economical and nourishing enough in the warmer parts of the year. In winter I would prefer something a little more nourishing.
Do not like the smell too much, but its not overbearing. All in all quite satisfied with the product
17 Aug, 2015, By Masadi
This is the best natural body lotion Ive ever used. The satiny consistency spreads and absorbs like a dream and leaves my skin moisturised without being sticky. Good price, too!
28 Jul, 2015, By lauren
Just got back from Namibia and bought this product there. Did wonders for my dry skin in the desert and smells delicious!