So beauty-full ladies and gentlemen, spring is just around the corner and it’s a great excuse to be like the flowers by getting ready to bloom, to shine and to sparkle. Here are some fun, some serious and some useful ways for you to detox, to treat and to spruce up in anticipation for this wonderful time of year (We’ve helped you too by putting all products mentioned in this article on special too).
Tips for Really Shiny Hair
- Mix one teaspoon of our Delicious Honey into 4 cups of warm water. After shampooing, pour the mixture through your hair, and do not rinse it, just dry it as normal.
- If the idea of honey in your hair does not quite fit your mood, then the blondes out there should add a few teaspoons of lemon juice to their rinse water, and the brunettes should add a few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- If you have fine hair, use hair products with wheat proteins (like the Hemptons Shampoo and Conditioner) as these coat the hair shaft making it look thicker.
- If you have normal hair, use a shampoo that has silk amino acids, (like the Hemptons Shampoo) as this softens and repairs hair structure.
- If you have dry hair hair, a Coconut Oil or Baobab Oil treatment will do wonders to moisturise and add life to your hair.
- All hair types, will also benefit from using a product that contains Lecithin as it also restores hair texture beautifully. For instance, the neem oil in Dr. Hauschka Neem Hair Oil contains lecithin. Because it also contains valuable plant oils together with the healing powers of neem leaves and chamomile flowers it is ideal care for dry, splitting or dull hair to give damaged hair new vitality and softness. Precious essential oil of rosemary and nourishing wheat germ oil regenerate and soothe the scalp. The individual hairs grow back healthy and strengthened. Furthermore, the Neem Hair Oil gives the hair entirely natural protection against external stresses.
- Finally, to add extra moisture and sheen to your hair why not treat your hair with one of our Hair Masks
Tips for Really Healthy Skin
- You’ve heard it before, but exfoliation is key for a healthy skin. The skin is a living organ and the largest organ of the human body at that. In order to flourish, the skin needs to breathe. It can’t breathe if the pores are clogged. The process of exfoliation simply removes dead skin cells, grease and debris from the skin allowing it to function smoothly. We’ve given you great specials on all of our scrubs this month and for the purests out there, try make your own scrubs by following these simple scrub recipes, or simply use our Himalayan Chrystal Salt
- Drink lots and lots of water. Dry skin and hair can be a direct consequence of you not drinking enough water. Get creative and add some freshly grown mint or lemons to your water and please, whatever you do, make sure you read our article on water this month
- Take a bath – it is a great way to eliminate toxins and to increase your circulation and blood pressure. A sluggish circulation can result in dry lifeless skin. While you are at it, try a bath soak that also moitsurises the skin, like the Hemporium hemp seed & mustard bath – the mustard seed will help you to detox and the hempseed leaves your skin feeling so soft.
- Treat yourself to a massage – Massage improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells and it also stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products. I would really recommend that you use a massage or body oil that is formulated to help the skin detox such as the Soil Toning Massage Oil or the Taryna Perfect Balance Body Oil. Both massage treatments help with cellulite and stimulate the lymphatic system.
- Moisturise regularly. We have an extensive range of lotions, butters and oils to suit your preference, but if you are looking for one that contains a certain ingredient, like rosehip, hemp or baobab, don’t forget to just type that ingredient into our search button. My personal favourites right now are the Pure Beginnings Body Lotion and the new Trevarno Body Almond and Cocoa Butter Lotion which is quite simply out of this world!