02 Feb Make Your Own Sensual Solid Perfume for Valentine’s Day
Scent is such a powerful sense; as humans, it’s the first of our senses to develop, and also the most likely sense to trigger memories and emotions. Right now love is in the air, and what better time to create your own romantic solid perfume? This simple recipe uses our luxurious jasmine and clove oils, which help to enhance your mood and stimulate the senses, creating the perfect atmosphere for Valentine’s Day romance.
- 2Tbsp sweet almond oil
- 2Tbsp beeswax (or odourless coconut oil)
- 2-4 drops jasmine essential oil
- 2 drops clove essential oil
- 2 drops real vanilla extract
- Pour the almond oil into a small bowl or ramekin.
- Stir in the essential oils very slowly, one at a time.
- Slowly heat the beeswax or coconut oil in a double boiler. Once it has completely melted, combine it with the oils, then quickly pour your mixture into the tin(s) you want to use. Make sure these containers are clean & dry.
- Let the mixture sit until it hardens (you can chill it in the fridge to speed up the process).
- To apply, rub the solid perfume with your finger to soften it; then apply to your pulse points.
Each note in this luscious solid perfume has its own aromatic effect on your mood:
- Jasmine: This sweet, exotic floral fragrance boosts the mood, calms the nerves & has natural aphrodisiac properties; perfect for a romantic setting.
- Clove: A sweet and spicy aroma that has a warming effect & helps to lift a low mood.
- Vanilla: This delicious scent is relaxing & uplifting; it also helps to stimulate the secretion of hormones like oestrogen & testosterone, making it a great natural aphrodisiac.
You can handcraft this heavenly natural solid perfume to create a thoughtful and unique Valentines Day gift – or wear it yourself to leave that special someone feeling love-struck!
If you’d rather buy than DIY you’re in luck! Faithful to Nature offers a simply gorgeous range of solid perfumes, in a choice of fragrances. Find your favourite, and savour the natural fragrance of real flowers, spices and herbs. Our perfumes are free of harsh synthetic ingredients, so they’re kind to your skin and your environment.