Vitamin D3 is known as “the sunshine vitamin”, because your body needs sunlight to produce it. But with all the health concerns around sun exposure today, we tend to avoid direct sunlight, or cover up with clothing and sunscreen. Let’s discuss vitamin D3 and how this affects your intake; how this essential vitamin benefits your body and mind, and how to supplement your intake.
Vitamin D3 Benefits
Key health benefits of vitamin D3:
- Boosts the immune system
- Reduces the risk of catching common ailments like colds and ‘flu
- Promotes the proper absorption of calcium in the body, helping to keep bones and teeth strong and healthy
- Protects the health of the skin
- Promotes healthy brain function
- Helps to reduce the risk of type 1 diabetes
- Combats high blood pressure levels
- Protects the heart against
Top Natural Sources of D3
Sunlight is the primary natural source of D vitamins, as it enables the body to make its own vitamin D. There are also a few natural food sources available:
- Fatty fish (salmon, mackerel)
- Cod-liver oil
- Egg yolks
Are You Getting Enough D3?
Of course we all know how important it is to protect ourselves from the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays; that’s why we wear high-factor sunscreens to shiled our skin from damage. But, this naturally means we block out the good things we get from the sun as well; specifically the synthesis of beneficial D vitamins. Vitamin D deficiency means lower bone mineralisation and greater risk of developing soft or weak bones as you age. Inadequate vitamin D3 can also lead to low moods and depression, and an increased risk of catching colds and ‘flu.
Topical and internal use of vitamin D3 supplements can both combat this deficiency, and give you all the benefits of D3 in a natural, healthy way, without the solar rays. Below are more details about our two vitamin D3 products:
Vitamin D3 Supplement
This potent tablet supplement gives you a 4,000iu dose of vitamin D3.
Derived from lanolin; NOT suitable for vegans, may not be suitable for some vegetarians.
- Gluten-free and soy-free
Topical Vitamin D3
This healing ointment from makes an ultra-soothing natural remedy for common skin ailments.
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Fulvic acid is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, anti-inflammatory AND anti-allergic.
- Aloe vera gel is a soothing and cooling moisturiser; it repairs dry skin and damaged cells, eases inflammation and calms irritation.
- Vitamin D3 promotes overall skin health, as well as efficient brain function, healthy bones and a strong immune system.