07 Aug This Scrumptious Salad is a Skin-Booster in a Bowl
Green, delicious and full of goodness, this beauty-boosting salad is loaded with goodies that are great for your skin. Get ready for Spring (yes folks, it’s not far off) by eating this luscious chickpea-and-spinach salad regularly; giving your skin a healthy glow from the inside out.
This skin-beautifying salad is affordable and easy to make. Check it out!
- 230g cooked chickpeas
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 handful of almonds
- 1 zucchini, sliced into discs
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2Tbsp tahini
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- Pinch of salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the almonds in water overnight beforehand.
- Lightly brush the zucchini slices with olive oil; grill on a pan for 1-2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Combine tahini, lemon juice & garlic in a small bowl. Mix in a little water until you have a smooth, runny dressing. Season with salt & pepper.
- Coat the chickpeas with the tahini dressing.
- Place the spinach into serving bowls, top with tahini-coated chickpeas, diced avocado & zucchini slices.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Serve & enjoy!
How it Works
What makes these goodies so great for your complexion?
- High in manganese, fights free radicals.
- Source of molybdenum, which removes sulphites & detoxifies the skin.
- Antioxidant-rich; combats the signs of skin ageing.
- Beta-carotene protects skin from UV damage.
- High in vitamins & minerals which help to control breakouts.
- Loaded with vitamin E; nourishes the skin, prevents UV & free radical damage.
- High fatty acid content hydrates & nourishes skin from the inside.
- High vitamin E content; fights free radicals.
- Antioxidants reduce fine lines & wrinkles.
- Dietary fibre cleanses the skin from the inside.
- High water content; hydrates the skin & flushes out toxins.
- Helps to produce choline, an amino acid that supports collagen formation for smooth, firm skin.
- Another great source of protective manganese.
- Loaded with skin-loving B vitamins.
- Source of zinc, which combats irritation, inflammation & breakouts.
- Source of vitamin C, supports collagen production.
- Naturally alkalising, promoting healthy, pH-balanced skin.
- Cleanses the blood, promoting a healthy glow.
Try this fab skin-boosting salad for yourself, and tell us what you think!