Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 1 ¾ cup mashed pumpkin
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3-4 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped walnuts or chocolate chips or both
Preheat your oven to 350
- Combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, eggs & mix until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients except the nuts or chocolate chips.
- Mix 3 cups of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then add as much of the 4th cup as necessary to achieve the following consistency: moist, but thick enough to stand a spoon in. Add the nuts or chocolate chips and stir in.
- Pour or spoon the batter into greased muffin tins or bread pans. Bake on the centre rack until a toothpick poked into the centre comes out dry.
NOTE: At sea level, muffins should take between 20 and 25 minutes to bake, small loaves between 25 and 30 minutes, and full sized loaves between 50 minutes and 1 hour.