21 Apr Pump Up The Beet Breakfast Bowl
Like a good song to get you pumped in the morning, this bright bowl will add a double-tap to your step with all the organic and superfood goodness playing a tune inside this insatiable ingredients list. It will not only lift your mood with cacaos magic but it can also reduce blood pressure, strengthen your body’s immune system and relieve respiratory symptoms. Perfect anti-COVID colour bomb!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 medium beetroot, boiled and peeled
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 4 dates/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ banana, sliced
- 2 Tbsp salted chocolate granola
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate rubies
- 1 Tbsp frozen blueberries
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- If it is cold outside, pop a little pot on the stove and warm your porridge for a few minutes, constantly stirring. If the sun is shining, it’s delicious at room temperature too!
- Pour your healing breaky into a bowl and top with granola and fresh fruit! A bit of a crunch and seasonal fruit. Bon appetit!