|The primary ingredient in this delicious smoothie is coconut, and if you have not yet jumped on the healthy coconut train, it’s time to get reading – we have two great articles on the benefits and wonders of cooking with and using coconut oil.
- 1 to 2 Bananas
- ¼ Pineapple, add some mango too if you like!
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of raw honey, Nature’s own sweet miracle food and a fantastic source of immune boosting goodness.
- 1 teaspoon winter cherry, the Ayuervedic remedy for a fast but natural pick me up. Also known as Indian ginsing.
- 1 teaspoon baobab powder which is a powerhouse of vitamins; nutritents; dietry fibres and them some.
- ¼ teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil which consists almost entirely of the saturated fatty acids, lauric acid and myristic acid. This medium chain fatty acid is a good saturated fat and helps to maintain a healthy heart; cholestral and thyroid functioning as well as being an amazing immune booster.
- ¼ cup organic coconut milk
- Add enough milk and or yogurt (organic if you can) to blend into the most delicious smoothie. For a juicer blend, use organic apple juice instead of the milks and yogurt.