Finally we’re telling you what you’ve been wanting to hear your whole lives and deep down knew to be true… CHOCOLATE IS GOOD FOR YOU! Yes!… chocolate is EXTREMELY healthy for you and is in fact the HIGHEST antioxidant superfood known to man.
BUT only in its RAW state – unheated, NO trans fats, NO sugars, NO dairy etc.
All chocolate comes from cacao beans – the seeds of the cacao fruit – which grows on a jungle tree. And of course, the primary ingredient in this nutritious feast is cocoa. (Look below the recipe for more information on the healing properties of cocoa.)
1 x Banana – the humble little banana is great because it balances the PH levels, regulates the digestive system, is filling & great for focus and concentration
- 1 teaspoon organic honey. Unprocessed and unheated honey like the one we have suggested will boost your immune system naturally. Did you know that eating honey from the area in which you live, also builds your defenses against hay fever? This is one of the reasons why it is good to choose unblended honey.
- 1 x teaspoon Cacao Butter for smooth chocolate taste. Cacao Butter is the good fat or oil content of the Cacao Bean which has been cold pressed out of the bean.
- 3 x teaspoons Cacao Powder or 2 x teaspoons Cacao Nibs for added chocolate crunch
- 2 scoops Hemp powder (Optional but great for a really solid protein boost)
- 1 x tablespoon organic raisins Did you know that raisons contain reasonable amounts of potassium, iron, fibre and energy?
- 1 x tablespoon organic Pecan Nuts for added nutrition and taste!
- ¼ x teaspoon organic cinnamon
- Add enough milk and yogurt (organic if you can) to blend into a delicious Chocolate smoothie
The Healing properties of Raw Cacao
- Magnesium Magnesium is the primarily mineral missing when heart problems occur. Magnesium increases the overall vigor of the heart muscle. This mineral also decreases blood coagulation thus lowering blood pressure and helping the heart pump more effectively. Cacao, of course, is a fantastic food source of heart-supporting magnesium.
- Antioxidants According to research cited in The New York Times, fresh cacao beans are super-rich in antioxidant flavonols. Cacao beans contain 10,000 milligrams (10 grams) per 100 grams of flavonol antioxidants. This is a whopping 10% antioxidant concentration level! This makes cacao one of the richest sources of antioxidants of any food.
- Anti-Depressant Properties Cacao is a great source of serotonin, dopamine, and phenylethylamine, three well-studied neurotransmitters, which help alleviate depression and are associated with feelings of well being. Cacao contains monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO Inhibitors) that improve our mood because they allow serotonin and dopamine to remain in the bloodstream longer without being broken down. Cacao contains anandamide which delivers blissful feelings. Cacao also contains B vitamins, which are associated with brain health. Cacao contains significant quantities of the amino acid tryptophan which is yet another powerful mood-enhancing nutrient. All this makes cacao a natural Anti-Depressant!
- Lose weight, eat chocolate! Anyone who eats chocolate knows that it diminishes appetite. There is evidence indicating MAOIs also diminish appetite. There is actually no scientific evedince to implicate chocolate consumption with obesity. In fact the reverse seems to be the case. Eating cacao helps one to loose weight by allowing you to eat less.