10 May Moroccan Chickpeas & Carrots With Spinach Couscous
Prep + cook time: 30 minutes
- 10 baby carrots (200g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) couscous
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) boiling water
- 30g butter, chopped coarsely
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 50g baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- Trim and peel carrots, leaving 3cm (1 1/4in) of the stems; halve carrots lengthways.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook spices for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add carrots, sugar and the water; season. Bring to the boil; simmer, partially covered, for 12 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine couscous with the boiling water in a large heatproof bowl. Cover; stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in butter; season to taste.
- Add chickpeas to the pan; cook, covered, for 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in juice.
- Stir spinach through couscous; spoon onto a platter. Top with chickpeas, carrot mixture and mint; serve.
- Serve with plant-based yoghurt and harissa paste.