08 Dec Lamb or Veggie Burgers with Kuhestan Kiwi Chutney
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- organic olive oil, for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- ¼ cup (60ml) organic oats
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground cumin
- 500g free range lamb mince or veggie alternative like 500g chickpeas
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chopped mint
For the burgers:
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 jar Kuhestan kiwi chutney
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 5 rolls
Makes 5 burgers
1. Heat a jug of oil in a pan and fry onion until soft. Place on a plate in the fridge to cool quickly.
2. Mix cooled onion with remaining patty ingredients. Season well and shape into 5 patties.
3. Heat a jug of oil over medium heat. Fry patties until well browned and almost cooked through (about 3-5 minutes a side).
4. Toss beetroot and onion with a jug of balsamic.
5. Halve buns and place patties on top. Top with watercress, plenty of chutney and sliced onion.