20 Aug Gluten-Free Chocolate Chickpea Cookies
These gluten-free chocolate chickpea cookies by Zorah Booley (@inthemidnightkitchen) are even better than the real thing! Check out this easy recipe using Faithful to Nature’s pantry range! Watch Zorah’s step-by-step here.
- 115g FtN chickpea flour
- 20g Cocoa powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup FtN Virgin Flaxseed Oil / Coconut Oil
- 80ml FtN Raw Fynbos Honey
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup FtN chopped pistachios/almonds (optional)
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180C, and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spray with a non-stick spray to avoid sticking.
- In a large bowl, sift together the chickpea flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a stove-top bain-marie bowl, melt the honey until it is just liquid. Do not allow it to boil or steam, and if it is too hot, allow it to cool before carry on with next steps.
- Then add in the vanilla extract, and flaxseed oil and whisk to combine. Then whisk in the egg as well.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two inclusions.
- Once there are no lumps add in the chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
- Using two spoons, measure 1 tablespoon of batter and scoop it onto the baking tray.
- The mixture will be slightly runny, but this is normal. You can add one tablespoon of chickpea flour to thicken it if you wish.
- Do not overcrowd your baking tray as the cookies will spread.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and once it comes out the oven, sprinkle some sea salt on top and enjoy!