I am so excited to have found this awesome activity and recipe and even more excited about the fantastic blog I found it on – a big thanks to the special mama who shared it in the first place.
This homemade fizzing sidewalk chalk is a wonderful way to enjoy creative fun with your little ones, and get a little messy knowing all these mild natural ingredients will wash away with ease.
For the paint:
- A container of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of flour OR ½ cup of cornstarch
- Warm (almost hot) water
- Beet, spinach, and carrot juice (or natural food colouring); find out how to make your own natural food colouring.
And for the Fizz:
- A bottle of vinegar, decanted into a spray bottle.
- Mix the dry ingredients and then add water stirring so that it does not get too thick. Note that this paint dries very quickly – but washes off with ease. You can make as many colours as you want!
- Splatter or neatly paint your veranda or side walk.
- And now the fun begins – squirt the vinegar onto the paint and watch it fizz!