22 Feb Chia-Crusted French Toast
We’re choosing to highlight the beautiful and powerful chia seed – high in fibre, protein, calcium and magnesium!
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 TBS ground chia seeds
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- Sourdough bread
- ¼ cup chia seeds for crusting
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Cut the stone fruit in half and place centre up on a baking tray. Drizzle with coconut milk and bake for 15 minutes. The juice of the stone fruit and the coconut milk will mix together and make a beautiful syrup.
- Mix together the dip ingredients together, then quickly dip your sourdough slices into the combined ingredient. A quick dip is all you need – if you soak the bread for too long it will fall apart.
- Sprinkle the chia seeds onto both sides of the bread and then fry in a medium-hot frying pan until golden-brown.
- Serve a few slices on a plate, topped with your sweet and soft stone-fruit, tahini and a sprinkling of nuts.