23 Nov Black Tahini Smoothie Bowl
The ultimate dark and delicious smoothie bowl. High in fibre, calcium, zinc & vitamin A.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 frozen zucchini
- 1 tsp black tahini
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1 tsp coconut butter
- 2-3 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup black sesame seed mylk
- Ice blocks
- Optional: Coconut/ Sesame Oil; Coconut Blossom Nectar
Black Sesame Mylk
- To make the black sesame milk, soak black sesame seeds overnight in the fridge.
- Drain the seeds the next day, add 2 cups of filtered water and blend in a high-speed blender.
- Strain through a cheesecloth or nut milk bag for a smoother mylk (although it is not necessary).
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla and a pinch of salt to the milk and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Toast the black sesame seeds on a medium heat over a pan until they start to smell fragrant.
- Then blend or pulse in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add coconut or sesame oil if the tahini is too thick or not runny enough. Alternatively, buy pre-made black tahini.
- Steam the zucchini until cooked through and allow to cool before slicing, and then freezing.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- To make a delicious coconut butter tahini caramel drizzle, mix 1 tsp black tahini with coconut butter and coconut blossom nectar or honey with a pinch of salt. Add a bit of water or plant mylk to it make it even runnier.
- Pour the smoothie mixture out into a shallow bowl, drizzle over the coconut tahini caramel and top with a selection of nuts, seeds or granola.
- Featured toppings: cacao nibs, chia seeds, black sesame seeds and bee pollen.