- Nut milk bags are perfect for people of all ages as they are so easy to use.
- Great for the environment too!
- Made from 100% unbleached natural cotton
The Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag does 3 things:
- 1. Makes fresh nut milk
- 2. Makes fresh fruit/and or veggie juice if you do not have a juicer
- 3. Grows your own healthy sprouts
Did You Know? When used regularly to make milk with nuts, oats or shredded coconut bought in bulk, this helps to reduce waste milk cartons that have a high chance of ending up in landfill given that according to Stats SA, only 10% of South African households recycle.
What can I use the Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag for?
- Ideal for making: Macadamia nut milk, Almond nut milk, Oat milk, Coconut milk, Cashew nut milk, Hazelnut milk, Vegetable juice & Sprouts
How do I use it?
To make nut milk:
- Pre-soak 1 cup of nuts overnight in the fridge (1.5 cups if you prefer thicker milk). Pre-soaking the nuts helps to activate the enzymes contained within the nuts which then helps the nuts to get digested easier.
- Then in the morning, or 8 hours later, rinse the almonds and then place them in a blender with 4 cups of clean purified water. Blend for 3 minutes on a high setting.
- In the meantime, turn your nut milk bag inside out (so that the seams are on the outside) as this makes for easier cleaning, and place it over a large jug or bowl – ready to ‘filter’ the contents of the blender, and catch the pulp. The drawstring rope should be on the outside but at the top.
- Slowly pour the contents of the blender into the nut milk bag, draw the string and gently squeeze the bag from top to bottom. Repeat this until no more liquid comes out and your nut milk bag has nut pulp left in it.
- Pour the milk into a glass container, and store in the fridge.
- Save the nut pulp if you are making cheese or cookies, or put it in your food composter.
- Rinse and follow the care instructions immediately after use.
- This recipe will make approximately 4 glasses of milk and will last covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.
To make fruit/veg juice:
- Use in the same way as above, but substituting the nuts for your fruit and/or a veggie combination. Vegetable juice can be enjoyed as a nutritious drink.
To use it for sprouting:
- First soak your seeds, beans, nuts, greens or grains (whatever you wish to use) for 8-12 hours by placing the seeds in the Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag and then in a jar or bowl but ensuring the seeds are totally covered in water.
- Then rinse the seeds and hang them over a bowl to dry. At this point, you do not need to put them in the sun.
- Then going forward twice daily, rinse the bag of seeds, or dip in freshwater (for approx. 20 seconds) twice a day.
- After 3-5 days your sprouts are ready! Woop! If you are sprouting greens, at around day 2-3 you should ideally move them to a location with a bit more light to help them become green.
- Turn your sprout bag inside out to get to the sprouts. Enjoy adding them to your meals!
- Store the fresh sprouts for up to 3 days in the fridge (any longer and mould will form, making them unsafe to eat).
What can I use nut milk for?
- As a healthy drink rich in calcium for kids and grown ups
- As a substitute for milk on your cereal
- When baking, and for any recipe that requires regular milk
Health benefits of nut milk:
- It has been very well publicised in recent years that cow’s milk is not perhaps as good for us as we once thought. This is mainly due to poor farming conditions, and the way the milk is processed.
- Many people also turn to milk alternatives (dairy-free) because they have intolerances to it. Generally being called ‘lactose intolerant’ because their bodies cannot manufacture the enzyme ‘lactase’ needed to break down the ‘lactose’ in milk.
- Lactose is the sugar that naturally occurs in milk, and is also called ‘milk sugar’. Whilst many people use it because they simply want to reduce the amount of animal by products that they consume daily. Due to animal farming practises being where the majority of our precious resources are being used today.
How do I clean it?
- Please wash the Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag before first use in hot water. Leave to dry in the sun.
- Once you are finished using your Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag, turn the bag inside out again but ensuring your garden waste bin is below it to catch the contents (if you are not using the pulp for baking cookies or turning the pulp into dairy-free cream cheese).
- Be sure to rinse your Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag in hot water immediately after each use.
How long will it last?
- If you follow the care instructions below and take good care of your Amy-Zing Nut Milk Bag it should last for many years.
- Contains: 1 x 100% cotton Amy-Zing 3-in-1 Nut Milk Bag
- Nut milk bag dimensions: 30 cm x 15 cm
- 100% cotton, unbleached nut milk bag with polyester drawstring rope
- Packaging - brown paper packet with a paper sticker (both are recyclable)
Country of Origin:
- South Africa
74 out of 76 people would recommend this product09/09/2020, By sueI am glad I found the nutbag rescued me when is time to do any filtering work29/08/2020, By KelseySo easy to use and so easy to clean!20/08/2020, By OxanaIt works very well11/08/2020, By GeorgiIt's my first buy for milk bag. I'm not super impressed, but it's doing its job.06/08/2020, By RinxLove this milk bag, good quality, easy to clean.03/08/2020, By CatherineCotton bag in non plastic packaging! Great to use for juicing and making plant-based milks! Quality is great!30/07/2020, By OceanWhat a product24/07/2020, By CameronMakes awesome oat milk and is nice and easy to clean!23/07/2020, By SashaWhat a great, high-quality product! I bought it 6 years ago, and have used it on and off all this time. It's still working perfectly; easy to clean, dry, and use. Would recommend it highly to anyone that is looking for a nut milk bag.10/07/2020, By Olivia SJvRI use this product to make vegetable juices. Perfect juuce every time with very little pulp. I live this product, excellent quality and value for money. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to start juicing or make their own nut milks.09/06/2020, By GoodnessMaking nice almond milk28/05/2020, By TammyLove this! Good quality and works perfectly.28/05/2020, By RockPerfect size21/05/2020, By KamaniI use to make celery juice. It works really well and a lot less cleaning than a juicer.21/05/2020, By SylviaUse mine all the time15/05/2020, By ethanWorks fairly well but the string broke off quite easily08/05/2020, By DandréReally happy with this nut milk bag27/04/2020, By CandyNice25/04/2020, By RobynDoes what it needs to do and does it well19/04/2020, By JadeWorks perfectly!05/04/2020, By BenWorks well04/04/2020, By BlueMilk making made easy01/04/2020, By WinnerReliable13/03/2020, By TumeloJust made almond milk and it works great02/03/2020, By GoSuperb24/02/2020, By EmmaWorks awesome for making oats milk09/02/2020, By OrignalGreat30/01/2020, By JessI've only used it for oat milk so far and it worked pretty well! Let a little bit too much sediment through for my taste, but other than that, I have no complaints. I'm going to try it with coconut soon to see if it makes a nice coconut milk.15/01/2020, By SupportTop stuff05/01/2020, By MThis works so well - I made delicious almond milk18/12/2019, By MarliesWorks really well. Easy to clean and makes a good almond milk.15/12/2019, By AbigailWorks wonderfully! Very durable and easy to use.02/12/2019, By TammyGreat for making smooth, creamy Almond milk! Easy to use and clean.04/11/2019, By CatherineMade my first batch of almond milk! Super easy to use anD clean. Great way to make different but milks with zero waste :)03/11/2019, By EmilyHaven't had a chance to use it yet, but it looks good and what I expected and can't wait to make my first batch of almond milk!22/10/2019, By AyeshaFantastic bag! Use this to make juices, have successfully made carrot & apple juice, green juice, and freshly squeezed OJ without the pulp. Easy to rinse and dries quickly.14/10/2019, By BernieGreat milk bag! Does what its supposed to do and works nicely08/10/2019, By TaylaBought this to make green juice. Made my first batch last night and it came out PERFECTLY. Very happy with my purchase, might need to buy another one for making nut milk because my current one is stained green lol.17/08/2019, By TamarynThis bag is easy to use and easy to clean. Nothing gets through this and the milk is smooth.03/08/2019, By LesleyI bought this to make cheese, not nut milks, as it will be easier to clean than cheese cloth. The only reason I have given it 4 instead of 5 leaves, is because it is very expensive for a tiny piece of Nylon!08/07/2019, By GilaDoes the job perfectly.01/07/2019, By MichanneThe bag is so easy to use and easy to clean. Could not recommend enough!30/05/2019, By MarelizeI love this bag. It makes making nut milk so so easy and the homemade version tastes so much better than store bought nut milk. Love it!30/05/2019, By MarelizeI love this bag. It makes making nut milk so so easy and the homemade version tastes so much better than store bought nut milk. Love it!22/05/2019, By SarahVery happy with this purchase. So easy!21/02/2019, By JustVeeJust used this to make oat milk and am super happy with it! You can make around 1L of milk at a time quite comfortably in this bag without it spilling over the top or making a mess. Great investment to make plant-based milks at home.02/02/2019, By LanéI was very excited to make my own nut milk. Very handy to have.19/01/2019, By LorenThe bag works well, pulp does not seep through when draining nut milk. Could be bigger though.09/01/2019, By CarolineThe bag works perfectly, but I regret that I bought a nylon (plastic) bag when surely a bag like this can be made without plastic? Hopefully this type of nylon can be recycled.22/12/2018, By liisiMaking milk at home is so much easier now, love it.21/11/2018, By AyeshaLove this bag. I make coconut milk and it allows for the milk to squeeze out so well that the coconut husk is one dry lump by the time I'm done squeezing. Durable and washes well.01/10/2018, By ChidoI LOVE this nut milk back. I've used it for nut milks and making juices (straining the pulp after blending ingredients) to make a juice. It is brilliant. It does not stain with juices and it is very easy to clean. I've used another top brand when I was living in the UK and this is definitely comparable to that brand. Great product09/08/2018, By TatianaI’ve used this so many times already! So easy to make almond milk and the leftover pulp makes great vegan cream cheese! Can’t wait to use it to sprout beans14/07/2018, By RolandiWorks great and super easy to clean02/07/2018, By CheriGreat usability and quality. Works like a charm08/06/2018, By MarliI've made almond milk using my bag around 4 times in the last 2 weeks. Works like a charm and is super easy to clean.
05/06/2018, By CiscaIt's a very nice product, but did not keep as long as I thought it would, but will still recommend31/03/2018, By LaurenEasy to use and the homemade almond milk is the best26/03/2018, By WinnieDid you know that Nylon is 100% plastic.
Nylon is a polymer—a plastic with super-long, heavy molecules built up of short, endlessly repeating sections of atoms, just like a heavy metal chain is made of ever-repeating links.
Made from petrochemicals, these synthetics are non-biodegradable as well, so they are inherently unsustainable on two counts. Nylon manufacture creates nitrous oxide, a greenhouse gas 310 times more potent than carbon dioxide. Making polyester uses large amounts of water for cooling, along with lubricants which can become a source of contamination. Both processes are also very energy-hungry.22/02/2018, By DeborahUsed my bag for coconut milk, veggie juice and sprouts -delivers great on all .Its super easy to clean and a strong product.16/02/2018, By JeannieChuffed with my nut milk bag, works like a champion.27/01/2018, By TraceyVery happy with the product purchased. Thank you so much for your service.
15/01/2018, By MoniqueUsed it for making coconut milk, worked great.31/12/2017, By JacoGreat product.31/12/2017, By TaliLove the versatility of this product. Durability is also great. Highly recommended.18/12/2017, By JuicyThis is great. Makes great juice. And cleans well under the tap.05/11/2017, By AericqAwesome bag! There's virtually no pulp seeping through the holes. Love it!06/10/2017, By Traceynice DIY item31/08/2017, By CheronaWonderfully easy to use and to clean! My only concern is the length of time it would take the material to degrade, if at all.02/08/2017, By TarynThis product is easy to clean and works effectively when used to make almond milk20/07/2017, By SimoneThis nut milk bag is easy to use and easy to clean. And the quality it great.02/12/2016, By RoslynI Love this little bag, Im really enjoying making my own almond milk and this nut bag makes it really easy!02/07/2015, By MichelleI love this bag!!! so excited to be making my own fresh almond milk...tastes delicious!!! And a bonus that the bag is so easy to clean!!!22/10/2014, By LizeI am loving making my very own almond milk, seeing that I don drink any other milk. Its very easy to make, great tasting and there is so much room for playing around with the
ecipe. I am definitely going to add some vanilla next time. The bag works like a charm and is easy to clean. I am so glad I decided to try this!24/03/2014, By ChristinaI absolutely adore all that the nut milk bag gives me. It should be called a healthy raw food bag not a nut milk bag actually because i juice and sprout with the 2 I own.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.