Nut milk bags are perfect for people of all ages as they are so easy to use. They also make great gift ideas for encouraging a loved one to start including healthier options to their daily diet.
Great for the environment too!
The nut milk bag is also great for people trying to cut down on plastic and waste, as it drastically reduces store bought items through making your own.
How do I use it?
To make nut milk:
- Pre-soak 1 cup of nuts over night in the fridge. Must pre-soak to activate the enzymes contained within the nuts which enable good digestion to take place.
- Then in the morning, or 8 hours later, rinse the almonds and then place them in a blender with 4 cups of clean purified water. Blend for 3 minutes on a high setting.
- In the mean time, turn your nut milk bag inside out (so that the seams are on the outside) as this makes for easier cleaning, and place it over a large jug or container – ready to ‘filter’ the contents of the blender. The draw string rope should be on the outside but at the top.
- Slowly pour the contents of the blender into the nut milk bag, draw the string and gently squeeze the bag at the bottom. Once no more liquid comes out, you will be left with pure almond milk in the container, and almond ‘pulp’ in the nut milk bag.
This recipe will make you approx 4 glasses of milk, and will last covered in the fridge for approximately 3 days.
To make fruit/veg juice:
Use in the same way as above, but substituting the nuts for your fruit and/or veggie combination. Vegetable juice is recommended as when juiced, the fibre is removed and this helps give our digestive systems a much needed rest.
To use it for sprouting:
- Fill the bag a ¼ full with the seeds you want to sprout. Broccoli, mung and lentils work really well.
- Lay the bag in a bowl of water for 8 hours.
- Then rinse the sprouts in the bag under clean purified water.
- Hang on a hook with a bowl underneath to catch the water droplets, for another 12 hours.
- Then repeat the rinsing process until tails have formed. Add them to salads, stir fry’s, burger toppings, and even into your fresh vegetable juice! Sprouts will store for up to 4 days if kept covered in the fridge. Get your kids involved too as they enjoy watching the sprouts change, grow and then eating them!
What can I use almond milk for?
- As a healthy drink rich in calcium for kids and grown ups
- As a substitute for milk on your cereal
- When baking, and for any recipe that requires regular milk
Health benefits of almond milk:
It has been very well publicised in recent years that cow’s milk is not perhaps as good for us as we once thought. This is mainly due to poor farming conditions, and the way the milk is processed.
Many people also turn to milk alternatives because they have intolerances to it. Generally being called ‘lactose intolerant’ because their bodies cannot manufacture the enzyme ‘lactase’ needed to break down the ‘lactose’ in milk.
Lactose is the sugar that naturally occurs in milk, and is also called ‘milk sugar’. Whilst many people use it because they simply want to reduce the amount of animal by products that they consume daily. Due to animal farming practises being where the majority of our precious resources are being used today.
Almond are said to be rich in a number of vital vitamins and minerals including:
- Vitamin E (which is a known antioxidant)
How do I clean it?
Once you have finished, turn the bag inside out again but ensuring your garden waste bin is below it to catch the contents (if you are not using the pulp for baking). Rinse under hot water, and then hang out to dry on your washing line, or over your draining board to ensure no mould spots appear.
How long will it last?
If you take good care of your AMY-zing nut milk bag it should last for many years.
24 out of 25 people would recommend this product01/10/2018, By ChidoI LOVE this nut milk back. I've used it for nut milks and making juices (straining the pulp after blending ingredients) to make a juice. It is brilliant. It does not stain with juices and it is very easy to clean. I've used another top brand when I was living in the UK and this is definitely comparable to that brand. Great product09/08/2018, By TatianaI’ve used this so many times already! So easy to make almond milk and the leftover pulp makes great vegan cream cheese! Can’t wait to use it to sprout beans14/07/2018, By RolandiWorks great and super easy to clean02/07/2018, By CheriGreat usability and quality. Works like a charm08/06/2018, By MarliI've made almond milk using my bag around 4 times in the last 2 weeks. Works like a charm and is super easy to clean.
05/06/2018, By CiscaIt's a very nice product, but did not keep as long as I thought it would, but will still recommend31/03/2018, By LaurenEasy to use and the homemade almond milk is the best26/03/2018, By WinnieDid you know that Nylon is 100% plastic.
Nylon is a polymer—a plastic with super-long, heavy molecules built up of short, endlessly repeating sections of atoms, just like a heavy metal chain is made of ever-repeating links.
Made from petrochemicals, these synthetics are non-biodegradable as well, so they are inherently unsustainable on two counts. Nylon manufacture creates nitrous oxide, a greenhouse gas 310 times more potent than carbon dioxide. Making polyester uses large amounts of water for cooling, along with lubricants which can become a source of contamination. Both processes are also very energy-hungry.22/02/2018, By DeborahUsed my bag for coconut milk, veggie juice and sprouts -delivers great on all .Its super easy to clean and a strong product.16/02/2018, By JeannieChuffed with my nut milk bag, works like a champion.27/01/2018, By TraceyVery happy with the product purchased. Thank you so much for your service.
15/01/2018, By MoniqueUsed it for making coconut milk, worked great.31/12/2017, By JacoGreat product.31/12/2017, By TaliLove the versatility of this product. Durability is also great. Highly recommended.18/12/2017, By JuicyThis is great. Makes great juice. And cleans well under the tap.05/11/2017, By AericqAwesome bag! There's virtually no pulp seeping through the holes. Love it!06/10/2017, By Traceynice DIY item31/08/2017, By CheronaWonderfully easy to use and to clean! My only concern is the length of time it would take the material to degrade, if at all.02/08/2017, By TarynThis product is easy to clean and works effectively when used to make almond milk20/07/2017, By SimoneThis nut milk bag is easy to use and easy to clean. And the quality it great.02/12/2016, By RoslynI Love this little bag, Im really enjoying making my own almond milk and this nut bag makes it really easy!02/07/2015, By MichelleI love this bag!!! so excited to be making my own fresh almond milk...tastes delicious!!! And a bonus that the bag is so easy to clean!!!22/10/2014, By LizeI am loving making my very own almond milk, seeing that I don drink any other milk. Its very easy to make, great tasting and there is so much room for playing around with the
ecipe. I am definitely going to add some vanilla next time. The bag works like a charm and is easy to clean. I am so glad I decided to try this!24/03/2014, By ChristinaI absolutely adore all that the nut milk bag gives me. It should be called a healthy raw food bag not a nut milk bag actually because i juice and sprout with the 2 I own.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.