10 Jun A Spicy Warming Body Scrub Recipe for Winter
If your skin is feeling dull, dry and rough this winter, why not treat it to a hot ‘n spicy homemade warming body scrub? This magical mix doesn’t just smell great, it offers your skin plenty of great benefits as well. The granular brown sugar gently exfoliates and buffs away those dead dull skin cells, while the natural carrier oils work their nutrient-rich magic for softer, smoother skin. And then of course, the sensational organic spices all have their own special benefits too:
- Cinnamon stimulates blood vessels & improves circulation, for plumper, smoother skin. This spice also boosts your skin’s collagen production, for a firmer & more youthful appearance.
- Ginger tones & firms the skin, boosts the circulation, clears blemishes & reduces the signs of ageing.
- Clove reduces blemishes & scarring; it’s also a great soothing agent with potent antioxidant properties.
- Nutmeg brightens the skin & promotes the healing of blemishes.
This divine warming body scrub is so easy to make too.
- ¾ cup packed organic brown sugar
- 3Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2Tbsp sweet almond oil
- 1Tbsp jojoba oil
- 1Tbsp apricot oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½tsp ginger powder
- ½tsp nutmeg powder
- ½tsp clove powder
- 1-2 drops orange essential oil (optional)
- Thoroughly mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger & clove powders in a small glass bowl.
- Whisk in the almond, apricot & jojoba oils until thoroughly combined.
- Add the vanilla & orange oil (if using); mix thoroughly.
- Scoop the mixture into a clean glass jar & seal the lid tightly.
- Use in the shower as a warming, invigorating & exfoliating scrub for gorgeous winter skin.
- Hint: Use our fab new vintage-style chalkboard stickers to label your jars of homemade scrubs, lotions & beauty goodies; perfect for gifting.