Kitchen Garden almond seeds are:
- Certified organic
- Packed with protein
- A source of vitamin E
- Rich in bone-building calcium & potassium
- A source of fibre
- High in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats
- Rich in antioxidants
- Naturally alkalising
Did You Know? Almonds are the only alkaline-forming nut, and one of only a few alkalising proteins. Alkalising foods help you to maintain a healthy pH throughout your body.
Sprouting your almonds has the following benefits:
- Increases nutrient density
- Makes the almonds more easily digestible
- Makes the almonds more alkalising
- Neutralises “anti-nutrients” like phytic acid & enzyme inhibitors
- Convenient, cost-effective & can be done all year round
Sprouts are a great example of “medicinal” food, helping to protect your system against all sorts of ailments.
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Almond Granola Bars:
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup sprouted Almonds, toasted & chopped
- ¼ cup natural Almond-Nut-Butter-p-3766.html" target="_blank">Almond butter
- ¼ cup raw Honey/ authentic maple syrup
- 1½ cups Rolled Oats (raw or toasted)
- A sprinkling of carob chips & Vanilla-Powder-p-4978.html" target="_blank">Vanilla powder (optional)
- Blend the dates in a food processor for about 1 minute, until you have a firm dough-like consistency.
- Mix the Oats, Almonds & “date dough” together in in a bowl; set aside.
- Warm the Honey & Almond butter in a saucepan over low heat. Pour over oat mixture & mix well, breaking up the dates.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined baking pan. Press down until evenly flattened.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, & leave in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to set.
- Chop into 10 even bars & enjoy! The bars will keep for up to a few days in an airtight container.
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Add 3-4Tbsp of your dry seeds to a clean sprouting jar; enough to lightly cover the bottom of an upright jar.
- Cover the sprouting jar with the mesh screen & secure it with a rubber band.
- Cover your dry seeds with 2-4cm water & soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain & rinse in fresh water, swirling gently while draining to disperse the seeds across the surface of the sprouting jar. Place the jar at an angle on your sprouting stand.
- Keep your sprouting jar in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
4 out of 4 people would recommend this product31/01/2020, By OrganicExcellent27/06/2017, By BrendaReally tasty and fun to sprout. I managed to get a small tree growing but is really hard to put a kernel on the side to grow as they are so tasty25/06/2017, By AyandaBecause I wanted to grow almond trees16/02/2016, By ElsaThese almonds are well sized and tasty. Great to use in a seed loaf.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.