26 May Wholemeal Spaghetti With Broccolini & Garlic Crumbs
Prep + cook time: 40 minutes
- 6 slices wholemeal bread (270g), crusts discarded
- 375g wholemeal spaghetti
- 420g broccolini, ends trimmed
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed (see tip)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh small red chilli, seeded, chopped finely
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped finely
- 1 medium zucchini (120g), sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 75g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Tear bread into small pieces.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until almost tender. Add broccolini and peas to water for the last 5 minutes of pasta cooking time. Drain & reserve 1/4 cup (60ml) cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat; cook bread pieces, garlic and chilli, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until browned and crisp. Drain on a paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in the same cleaned pan; cook green onion and zucchini, stirring, for 3 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Combine pasta mixture and zucchini mixture in a large bowl with rind, juice and reserved cooking water.
- Serve pasta topped with garlic crumbs and goat’s cheese.
You can use green beans or frozen peas instead of the sugar snap peas, if you prefer.