01 Sep The Only Kimchi Recipe You’ll Ever Need
Kimchi, a dish of Korean origin, is a traditional sidedish of salted and fermented vegetables (mostly traditionally cabbage). Kimichi, as a dish has exploded in the past few years on the health scene due to how incredibly beneficial it is to one’s body, and specifically, one’s gut! Some of the benefits of kimchi, right here:
BENEFITS OF KIMCHI
- Contains healthy good bacteria and probiotics
- Lowers cholesterol
- Helps prevent stomach cancer.
- Great for weight maintenance
- 2 Medium Chinese cabbage
- 2 Tbsp coarse sea salt
- ¼ Cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp red pepper paste
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger grated
- 1 Bunch spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 Medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 Large radish, peeled and sliced
- Cut Chinese cabbage into inch-sized pieces. Place in a bowl, mix and massage with the coarse salt.
- Place a bowl and something really heavy on top of the cabbage and leave overnight.
- Mix the vinegar, sugar, red pepper paste and ginger together in a bowl.
- Add the carrot, spring onion and radish to the cabbage and mix well.
- Place in a sterilized jar and push down hard to get rid of all the air.
- Leave at room temperature for 5 days and then place in the fridge and enjoy. You can allow it to ferment for longer is you would like to.