Fruit for dessert – sounds boring right? Think again! These juicy, fruity Christmassy sticky apple dessert cups are the perfect sweet treat to round off a festive meal (or if you’re anything like me – any meal). What’s more, they’re super-healthy and won’t leave you feeling heavy and sleepy like those more indulgent desserts. These wholesome and delicious sticky fruit dessert cups are sure to make you the apple of everybody’s eye.
- 2 medium organic apples (about 200g each)
- 85g pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 85g raisins or prunes, roughly chopped
- 2Tbsp organic brown sugar (you can substitute agave or coconut sugar)
- 1tsp mixed spice*
- Zest & juice of 1 small orange
- Non-fat Greek yoghurt, to serve
*Our favourite spices: Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Nutmeg. Mix and match these fragrant spices for a beautiful blend that smells just like Christmas.
Tip: You can also add some chopped walnuts to your apple dessert cups, for a little extra crunch.
- Cut each apple in half; dig out the core with a dessert spoon to leave a little bowl-shaped hollow in each half.
- Mix together the fruit, sugar, spice & orange zest. Fill each apple half with this mixture.
- Place the apple halves on a microwaveable dish & pour the orange juice on top.
- Cover & cook on medium (500w) for 5 – 7 minutes, until soft.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes, then serve with a dollop of yoghurt.