It might sound like a bit of a tongue-twister at first, but our Spyra-Gyra spiral slicer will soon have your taste buds tingling. Whether you’re a vegan, a raw foodist, or just a health-conscious mama wanting her kids to eat more greens, the Spyra-Gyra makes creative cooking so easy. You can use this handy gadget to transform all your favourite fruits and veggies into shreds and slices, beautiful fluted petals and even spaghetti spirals! With all those festive cooking opportunities coming up in the next few weeks, we wanted to spotlight this fab kitchen appliance and show you just how exciting healthy eating can be during the time of year when we tend to indulge more than we should.
What Do You Get with the Spyra-Gyra?
Your Spyra-Gyra slicer includes:
- 3 stainless steel spaghetti blades:
- Angel-hair blade (0.9mm)
- Linguine blade (2.4mm)
- Fettuccine blade (4mm)
- Factory-fitted stainless steel flat flute blade (for shredding & fluting)
- Non-slip suction pads for stability & safety
- Sturdy chrome handle
- Portable, ergonomic horizontal slicer design
- Biodegradable packaging
What Can You Make with the Spyra-Gyra?
Turn plain raw produce into the most attractive, delicate shapes to add fun and diversity to your healthy eating habits, every day. Your Spyra-Gyra creations will be a real hit at your next dinner party, braai or family lunch.
Turn your fruits and veggies into beautiful petal-like shapes. Makes the perfect (edible) decoration for your healthy gourmet dishes! Serve raw or cooked.
Shredding & slicing:
Finely slice, shred and grate fresh produce to make the finest coleslaw and salads.
Turn hard vegetables into funky, colourful spaghetti ribbons and spirals. Your kids will love zucchini spaghetti and sweet potato noodles – what a great way to encourage little ones to eat more veggies!
Raw Gluten-Free Zucchini Pasta & Raw Tomato Sauce
Get inspired with this delicious, wholesome and filling recipe – it’s 100% vegan, raw and gluten-free, but just as satisfying as any ordinary pasta dish.
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis
- 1½ cups tomatoes, chopped
- ¼cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 date, pitted
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1Tbsp fresh thyme
- Pinch of salt & black pepper, to taste
- Use your Spyra-Gyra to turn the zucchini into noodles; place in a large bowl & set aside.
- To make your sauce, combine the rest of the ingredients in a food processor & blend until smooth.
- Divide the zucchini noodles into serving bowls; top each bowl with a generous helping of sauce.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, serve & enjoy.
Check out this video to see the Spyra-Gyra spiral slicer in action!