At Faithful to Nature we’re such big fans of roses – not only because of their beauty, but because of their amazing natural healing benefits for your skin. We believe if you’re going to spoil somebody with roses, a divine rosy body care goodie beats a plain old bouquet any day! Check out this easy recipe for an exfoliating rose body scrub, that’s sure to turn any shower into a real treat. Spoil yourself or somebody special, with the therapeutic properties of real rose flowers.
- ½ cup fine desert salt or sea salt
- 1 cup coarse Himalayan pink crystal salt
- ¼ cup rose body oil
- ⅓ cup jojoba oil
- Mix the fine and coarse salts together in a mixing bowl. The pink and white crystals will look gorgeous together!
- Stir in the jojoba oil, a little at a time, until it’s well incorporated. Jojoba is perfect as it’s full of skin-loving vitamins, but has no scent so won’t interfere with the rosy fragrance.
- Mix in the rose oil, a few drops at a time, until you have the right consistency (not to oily but not too crumbly). You may need to adjust the amount of salts and oils until you get the consistency just right.
- Spoon the scrub into a clean glass jar; seal the lid tightly & store in your bathroom.
- Use your rose scrub once or twice a week to refresh, nourish and exfoliate your skin. Please Note: This scrub will be a little too rough for your delicate facial skin, but your body will love it.
This is a really luxurious scrub with a heavenly rosy smell – and it’s so easy to make. Whip up a few more batches and spoil your loved ones by gifting them their very own rose body scrub (we have no doubt they’ll be wondering how you look and smell so great all the time)!
Did You Know? Roses are a rich source of antioxidants, and are known for their rejuvenating, soothing and hydrating benefits for the skin. For centuries, precious rose oils and extracts have been used to treat redness and irritation, wrinkles and signs of ageing, and even scars and broken capillaries!
Find out more about the healing benefits of roses.