29 May Pineapple & Parsley Immune Boosting Shake
The following immune-boosting recipe is from Naturally Nutritious Wholefood Cookbook by Heidi du Preez and Karen Werge Tilney.
- ½ Pineapple, peeled and chopped
- ½ Cup (125 ml) fresh pineapple juice or purified water
- 2 Carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- A small handful fresh parsley (approx ½ cup)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tsp (10 ml) Raw honey or 6 – 8 pitted dates
- ½ Cup (125 ml) Purified water to thin down
- A handful ice (optional)
- 1 Tsp grated ginger root
Place all the ingredients in a power blender and blend until smooth. Thin down with more water if necessary.
- Add 1 whole peeled orange or use 2 oranges instead of the pineapple.
- A couple of sulphur-free sun-dried apricots and/or figs could also be added.
- Replace the carrots with 2 cups papaya chunks.