11 Jul Pina Colada Smoothie
This Pina Colada Smoothie recipe was made by, Jess Kotlowitz, The Green Dietician.
Everybody loves a good summer time cocktail, however most cocktails are full of sugar and empty calories while providing little nutrition. That is why I created this fabulous Pina Colada Smoothie recipe. It has all the flavour of one of my all-time favourite cocktails, but with no added sugar and tons of vitamins, minerals and electrolytes from all the fruits and coconut water. The ground flax seeds add a good dose of Omega 3 essential fatty acids and beneficial plant fibres which will help to keep your gut and immune system healthy
For my patients on calorie-controlled meal plans:
1 x 290g serving of this recipe =
- 3 fruit servings
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 2 fresh medjool dates, pitted
- 1 large pineapple, peeled
- 1 cup unsweetened natural coconut water
- 2 tsps ground flaxseeds
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- Filtered water to desired consistency
- The night before making your smoothie, peel 2 bananas and place them in a ziplock bag in the freezer.
- Add your frozen bananas along with the rest of the ingredients into your blender or nutribullet and blend until smooth. If you would like a thinner consistency, add some more filtered water and continue blending until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour into 3 glasses and enjoy.