Natalie Reid, author of Easy Living Food, shares her favourite recipe with us.
“When we first embarked on our raw journey, we were amazed by what we could do with avocados & they quickly became a staple in our larder. Avocados have a neutral flavour and an abundance of healthy fats. Their ability to become savoury or sweet, depending on what they are paired with, is fairly unique in the world of fruit. You can’t go wrong with this!
Apart from the multitude of health benefits of eating raw cacao, it is just the most fun food to play with.”
Food processor / 20 min prep / 8h setting
• Process the seeds and/or nuts in a food processor with the S-blade until fine. Chopping by hand works too!
• Mix all the crust ingredients together in a bowl, massaging until sticking together and doughy.
• Press into a springform tin, so that the bottom is evenly covered.
• Add all the mousse ingredients to your food processor with the S-blade and process for around five minutes. Make sure that everything is well combined and silky smooth.
• Pour the mousse into the tin and refrigerate for 8 hours.
Stores well in the fridge for a few days.
NOTE: There is no coconut oil in the mousse so it won’t set ‘hard’, giving a lighter finish. It does need some time in the fridge to firm up sufficiently, and should be served from and stored in the fridge.
All ingredients can be purchased at our online organic and natural store.