23 Jun 2 Luscious Metabolism Boosting Salads for Winter
Creamy avocado, fresh tangy citrus and lush leafy greens – there’s so much gorgeous seasonal produce available in winter, we have no excuse for letting our healthy eating habits slide! A metabolism boosting salad makes a delicious, filling dish, and helps to keep those extra pounds off during the wintery months.
Check out these 2 mouth-watering winter salad recipes, packed with metabolism boosting and immune strengthening fruits and veggies.
Grapefruit & Avocado Salad
Grapefruit is a fab metabolism booster, avo is loaded with healthy fatty acids, while cucumber is low in calories but high in vitamins A, C and K.
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 3-4 grapefruits, peeled & chopped
- 2-3 avocados, diced
- ⅓cup raw almonds, chopped
- 2tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 3-4tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Wash, chop & toss the cucumbers, grapefruits, almonds, mint & chives. Add the avocado pieces just before serving.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together. Drizzle over the salad & chill until ready to serve.
- Top with extra almonds & mint!
Spinach, Citrus & Almond Salad
Pomegranate is rich in flavonoids, which give your metabolism a lift. Oranges are nature’s vitamin C-loaded ‘flu fighters, while spinach is a low-calorie mineral powerhouse (think iron, magnesium, zinc, calcium & folate)!
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 2 oranges, peeled & sliced
- 1 pomegranate, peeled & seeded
- ½cup raw almonds
- ½cup pomegranate juice
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2tbsp honey or agave nectar
- ¼cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Toss the spinach, oranges, pomegranate arils & almonds in a large bowl.
- Mix together the pomegranate juice, vinegar, orange juice & honey. Whisk in the olive oil; add salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss the salad with the dressing & serve.
Nourish your body with wholesome winter dishes like these metabolism boosting salads, and those “winter blues” will melt away – along with the unwanted pounds!