02 May Healing Arthritis Naturally
We have come along way in the way in which we view medicine and treat dis-eases, and I am glad to say that the journey has been for the better. In the past, Western world people have been very prone to treat the symptoms of their illness and not the cause. Over the last few decades we have definitely starting looking at treatments that don’t involve harsh drugs and chemicals. We have come to learn that both the mind and body must be cared for with balance and love to be healthy and that when illness or dis-ease do occur that this is why consideration be taken with treatment. That is why we have decided to share with you each month some alternative treatments for common ailments that don’t cost the earth and most importantly wont cost your health!
Love of our bodies, healthy diet and positive attitude are the three most affordable ways to improve our state of health and assist us with fighting illness or keeping disease away.
A diet rich with foods that reduce inflammation will also reduce pain. Eating lots of fresh fruit and vegetables will insure your body produces alkaline in the blood and boosts the system to help regenerate. Also foods rich in fatty acids will help lubricate the joints and relieve the inflammation and pain.
- Fresh Fruit and Veg: Fruits of the Earth Superfood – this is a potent supply of the anti-oxidant rich fruits which have mega alkalizing and immune boosting properties.
- Lubricate your joints: Organic Flax Oil Capsules or Hemptons Hemp Seed Oil Capsules – Foods rich in fatty acids will help lubricate the joints and relieve the inflammation and pain.
- Repair body tissue: Good Life Organic Ground Tumeric Tumeric boosts the power of glucosamine which is a natural compound that is found in healthy cartilage and required to repair cartilage and body tissue.
- Ginger Tea: Ginger is wonderful as it relieves pain by reducing inflammation and dried ginger is even more effective. Brew freshly sliced ginger, honey to taste & a pinch of cinnamon. Otherwise add the sliced ginger and honey to your favourite Rooibos tea and drink.
- Copper time: Good Life Organic Black Sesame Seeds – soak a teaspoon of black sesame seeds in a quarter cup of water overnight. The water in which the seeds are soaked along with the seeds first thing in the morning. It is rich in copper which is an antioxidant enzyme and also builds collagen and elastin which is the ground substances that provide structure, strength and elasticity in bones and joints
It is essential to take time out to rest and rejuvenate and spoil yourself with love and nurturing. Our bodies respond and heal much faster when rest and nourishment is part of our everyday living.
- Bath Salt Relief: Sea bathing is beneficial in the treatment of arthritis because of the natural iodine in the seawater which regulates the acid-alkaline balance in the blood and tissues, helps to repair and regenerate worn out tissues, and nourishes the skeletal structure. If you don’t live near the sea then a relaxing soak for 30 minutes every other night in a tub of warm water in which a cupful of sea salt has been mixed will do the trick. Song of the Sun Bath Salts – the ginger in this salt soak is warming and soothing to aching muscles and joints, especially during cold weather.
- Massage Oil: The combination of the therapeutic oils will increase mobility & ease joints. Ginger & Sweet Marjoram Arthritis Massage Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider helps make the body tissues healthier & tender and so relieve sore aching joints. 1 to 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar with 1 to 2 tsp of raw honey in a glass of distilled water daily will help relieve the stiff aching and prematurely old joints.
Healing for Pets
Lets not forget our sweet and loving furry companions, who also suffer sometimes from this uncomfortable ailment.
- This joint formula for pets is a blend of herbs, vitamins and minerals formulated for old or stiff pets, so tryThe Herbal Pet Joint Formula
We would like to end this article with a thought for the heart and mind and wish you all great health and happiness.
“To insure good health: Eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen