27 Nov Festive Recipe: Gluten-Free Orange Christmas Cookies
This is a fun and easy recipe for the festive season – bake a batch of these crunchy gluten-free cookies and package them as tasty gifts for your friends, or serve them at your next Christmas party. Made with brown rice flour, they’re a more nutritious alternative to wheat flour recipes and safe for those with gluten allergies.
- 300ml brown rice flour
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 50ml light brown sugar
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a food processor, then feed the remaining ingredients into the mixture and blend.
- Add a little extra flour if the mixture becomes too sticky, or a little milk if it becomes too dry.
- Spoon the dough onto a surface dusted lightly with rice flour.
- Roll out to a thickness of about 6mm and use cookie cutters in the shapes of your choice to cut out 20 cookies; roll up any excess dough and rerolling and cutting again.
- Place the cookies on baking sheets and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
This recipe makes about 20 gluten-free cookies. Enjoy!